'Good Luck Charlie' Gets Season 2 and TV Movie
"Good Luck Charlie" literally gets its wish for Disney Channel has renewed the show for another season. It was also announced on Sunday, July 11 that the series starring Bridgit Mendler will get a TV movie treatment much like the other Disney shows such as "Wizards of Waverly Place".
The series itself follows two teenagers, Teddy and Casey Holliday, and their 10-year-old brother, Gabe, whose parents enlist their help when they return to work after the birth of their fourth child, Charlotte, aka Charlie. Since its premiere in April this year, the show has been averaging 4.1 million viewers per week.
The second season is to debut next year but the TV movie's date is unknown. Geoff Rodkey, who also writes the series, will be writing the script while the cast reprise their roles.
Disney Channel will soon lose one of its highest performing series "Hannah Montana". But the channel is confident with the presence of Mendler in place of Miley Cyrus who is leaving her teen image behind. Back in 2009, Adam Bonnett, senior Vice President of original programming at Disney Channel said about Mendler, "We just fell in love with her. She has all the attributes of a Disney star."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7