'Good Luck Charlie' Gets Season 2 and TV Movie
"Good Luck Charlie" literally gets its wish for Disney Channel has renewed the show for another season. It was also announced on Sunday, July 11 that the series starring Bridgit Mendler will get a TV movie treatment much like the other Disney shows such as "Wizards of Waverly Place".
The series itself follows two teenagers, Teddy and Casey Holliday, and their 10-year-old brother, Gabe, whose parents enlist their help when they return to work after the birth of their fourth child, Charlotte, aka Charlie. Since its premiere in April this year, the show has been averaging 4.1 million viewers per week.
The second season is to debut next year but the TV movie's date is unknown. Geoff Rodkey, who also writes the series, will be writing the script while the cast reprise their roles.
Disney Channel will soon lose one of its highest performing series "Hannah Montana". But the channel is confident with the presence of Mendler in place of Miley Cyrus who is leaving her teen image behind. Back in 2009, Adam Bonnett, senior Vice President of original programming at Disney Channel said about Mendler, "We just fell in love with her. She has all the attributes of a Disney star."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake