Angelina Jolie Defends Shiloh's Masculine Clothing, Calling It 'Fascinating'
Shortly after Angelina Jolie revealed that her 4-year-old daughter Shiloh "wants to be a boy," she has now defended her masculine clothing. Jolie, who is currently promoting her upcoming film "Salt", told Reuters on Saturday, July 10 that Shiloh's fashion choice is "fascinating".
"I think she (Shiloh) is fascinating, the choices she is making. And I would never be the kind of parent to force somebody to be something they are not. I think that is just bad parenting," Jolie said. "Children should be allowed to express themselves in whatever way they wish without anybody judging them because it is an important part of their growth."
In recent months, Shiloh, who has a cropped hairstyle, has been spotted wearing boys' neckties, jackets, hats and other clothing which later sparked headlines about the youngster being a bit of a tomboy. Jolie, however, stated, "Society always has something to learn when it comes to the way we judge each other, label each other. We have far to go."
While Shiloh opted the boy's clothing because she feels comfortable with that, Jolie recently dressed in men's clothes for her role as a rogue CIA officer in "Salt". The 35-year-old actress said that the film's crew felt uncomfortable with her disguise.
"It was fascinating," Jolie shared about her experience. "The stunt guys I usually hung out talking to, didn't want to hang out with me. The girls didn't know how to respond... there was something about him that kind of freaked the whole crew out."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding