Angelina Jolie Defends Shiloh's Masculine Clothing, Calling It 'Fascinating'
Shortly after Angelina Jolie revealed that her 4-year-old daughter Shiloh "wants to be a boy," she has now defended her masculine clothing. Jolie, who is currently promoting her upcoming film "Salt", told Reuters on Saturday, July 10 that Shiloh's fashion choice is "fascinating".
"I think she (Shiloh) is fascinating, the choices she is making. And I would never be the kind of parent to force somebody to be something they are not. I think that is just bad parenting," Jolie said. "Children should be allowed to express themselves in whatever way they wish without anybody judging them because it is an important part of their growth."
In recent months, Shiloh, who has a cropped hairstyle, has been spotted wearing boys' neckties, jackets, hats and other clothing which later sparked headlines about the youngster being a bit of a tomboy. Jolie, however, stated, "Society always has something to learn when it comes to the way we judge each other, label each other. We have far to go."
While Shiloh opted the boy's clothing because she feels comfortable with that, Jolie recently dressed in men's clothes for her role as a rogue CIA officer in "Salt". The 35-year-old actress said that the film's crew felt uncomfortable with her disguise.
"It was fascinating," Jolie shared about her experience. "The stunt guys I usually hung out talking to, didn't want to hang out with me. The girls didn't know how to respond... there was something about him that kind of freaked the whole crew out."
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'