New Trailer of Sylvester Stallone's 'Expendables' Tells Men to Take Over Theaters
After three full trailers, "The Expendables" launches another trailer which is undoubtedly unique. Instead of putting the focus on the action movie alone, this so-called "Call to Arms Trailer" wants to remind people how a bunch of "woman-oriented" films have hijacked theaters since earlier this year.
Thus, it features glimpses of the likes of "Dear John", "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" and "Eat, Pray, Love" before giving a look at scenes from "Expendables" itself. However, the footage is not accompanied with the dialog from the actors, making the video more appropriate to be called a teaser.
"The Expendables" which is set for August 13 U.S. release focuses on a group of mercenaries, The Expendables, who is hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator after years of unspeakable corruption that concludes with tragedies. Once the mission begins, the men realize things aren't quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web of deceit and betrayal.
Sylvester Stallone directs the film in addition to joining the star-studded cast ensemble which also includes Jason Statham, Jet Li, Bruce Willis, Eric Roberts, Mickey Rourke, Arnold Schwarzenegger and many others. Lionsgate will bring this action movie to this year's San Diego Comic Con on Thursday, July 22 at 4:45 P.M.
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof