New Trailer of Sylvester Stallone's 'Expendables' Tells Men to Take Over Theaters
After three full trailers, "The Expendables" launches another trailer which is undoubtedly unique. Instead of putting the focus on the action movie alone, this so-called "Call to Arms Trailer" wants to remind people how a bunch of "woman-oriented" films have hijacked theaters since earlier this year.
Thus, it features glimpses of the likes of "Dear John", "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" and "Eat, Pray, Love" before giving a look at scenes from "Expendables" itself. However, the footage is not accompanied with the dialog from the actors, making the video more appropriate to be called a teaser.
"The Expendables" which is set for August 13 U.S. release focuses on a group of mercenaries, The Expendables, who is hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator after years of unspeakable corruption that concludes with tragedies. Once the mission begins, the men realize things aren't quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web of deceit and betrayal.
Sylvester Stallone directs the film in addition to joining the star-studded cast ensemble which also includes Jason Statham, Jet Li, Bruce Willis, Eric Roberts, Mickey Rourke, Arnold Schwarzenegger and many others. Lionsgate will bring this action movie to this year's San Diego Comic Con on Thursday, July 22 at 4:45 P.M.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser