Video: Shakira Performs 'Waka Waka' at World Cup Closing Ceremony
Shakira took the center field of the Soccer City Stadium at the closing ceremony of 2010 FIFA World Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa on Sunday night, July 11. Before the final showdown between finalists Spain and Netherlands, the Colombian singer performed official anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
Beside being wowed by Shakira's performance which was backed by local fusion band Freshlyground, the soccer mania packed into the huge stadium were also treated with colorful safari scenes which were provided by giant projectors. The best moments of the 32 teams involved in the championship and a "thank-you" note delivered in various languages were also included.
After the ceremony, which also featured performances from Stoan Seate, Abigail Kubeka and Mafikzolo, came to an end with fireworks shooting to the air, Spain and Netherlands took over the stadium for a final match to win the first place. Spain was crowned this year's World Cup champion with a 1-0 victory over Netherlands in extra time after a 0-0 draw in 90 minutes.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival