Video: Shakira Performs 'Waka Waka' at World Cup Closing Ceremony
Shakira took the center field of the Soccer City Stadium at the closing ceremony of 2010 FIFA World Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa on Sunday night, July 11. Before the final showdown between finalists Spain and Netherlands, the Colombian singer performed official anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
Beside being wowed by Shakira's performance which was backed by local fusion band Freshlyground, the soccer mania packed into the huge stadium were also treated with colorful safari scenes which were provided by giant projectors. The best moments of the 32 teams involved in the championship and a "thank-you" note delivered in various languages were also included.
After the ceremony, which also featured performances from Stoan Seate, Abigail Kubeka and Mafikzolo, came to an end with fireworks shooting to the air, Spain and Netherlands took over the stadium for a final match to win the first place. Spain was crowned this year's World Cup champion with a 1-0 victory over Netherlands in extra time after a 0-0 draw in 90 minutes.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date