Video: Shakira Performs 'Waka Waka' at World Cup Closing Ceremony
Shakira took the center field of the Soccer City Stadium at the closing ceremony of 2010 FIFA World Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa on Sunday night, July 11. Before the final showdown between finalists Spain and Netherlands, the Colombian singer performed official anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
Beside being wowed by Shakira's performance which was backed by local fusion band Freshlyground, the soccer mania packed into the huge stadium were also treated with colorful safari scenes which were provided by giant projectors. The best moments of the 32 teams involved in the championship and a "thank-you" note delivered in various languages were also included.
After the ceremony, which also featured performances from Stoan Seate, Abigail Kubeka and Mafikzolo, came to an end with fireworks shooting to the air, Spain and Netherlands took over the stadium for a final match to win the first place. Spain was crowned this year's World Cup champion with a 1-0 victory over Netherlands in extra time after a 0-0 draw in 90 minutes.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris