Official On-Set Video of 'Green Lantern' Comes Out
ABC 26 recently was given an access to the set of "Green Lantern" in New Orleans, Louisiana and has shared it in an on-set video. While they managed to capture the behind the scenes of the production with director Martin Campbell, the video does not feature the filming involving lead actor Ryan Reynolds.
Instead, ABC 26 reporter had a chance to talk with Ernie Malik from Public Relations for "Green Lantern" who revealed that they chose the city as the filming location due to its friendly tax rate. Additionally, Malik admitted that they needed an airport to be turned into "Ferris Aircraft" and they found Lakefront Airport in Louisiana.
"Green Lantern" centers its story on Hal Jordan, the alter ego of Green Lantern, who is also an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. Ryan Reynolds plays the titular character, joined by the likes of Mark Strong, Blake Lively and Peter Sarsgaard. Warner Bros. Pictures plans to distribute the action superhero movie in U.S. theaters on June 17, 2011.
More Green Lantern News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'