Katy Perry Denies Saying Miley Cyrus Going Britney Spears' Route
Katy Perry makes attempt to clear up her reputation which was slightly tarnished when a report came she had blasted Miley Cyrus' change of style. The "I Kissed a Girl" singer wrote on her Twitter, "Rumor control: I never said shit bout my girl Miley. I love that ho. Mags should stop pitting girls against each other. We all can co-exist!"
It was Life & Style magazine that quoted Perry as saying, "Oh my God, poor girl. She's Britney Spears all over again. It's happening right before our eyes." When her friend asked if she meant Lindsay Lohan, she answered, "No, she's definitely headed the Britney route. It's worse. Look at those outfits. It's bad."
Since the news came out, Perry had come under fire because she is also one to wear revealing costumes while performing. Cyrus is only recently changing her image from a child star to a grown up performer. This is done in a bid to promote her latest studio album "Can't Be Tamed". Despite receiving harsh criticism, Cyrus was supported by her godmother Dolly Parton and Kelis.
Another news about Perry is debunked. A rep for Jessica Simpson said there is no plan of duet between Simpson and Perry in the near future.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage