Britney Spears Episode on 'Glee' Confirmed
Despite an objection from one of the cast, "Glee" moves on with Britney Spears' manager's idea of having an episode using the pop singer's catalog, much like they did in season 1 with Madonna tribute. ET got the confirmation from creator Ryan Murphy who said a Spears episode is "currently in the middle of writing" process.
Back in April, Britney's manager, Adam Leber, began campaigning for a special episode featuring his client via Twitter, writing "Do you guys want to see a Britney Spears episode of Glee?". Ryan Murphy then responded, "I'm interested in the Britney Spears idea. I've always loved her. I'm entertaining it. I think young kids would like that."
Asked for opinion, Matthew Morrison said, "That's a rumour her manager started. I hope our show doesn't go along that route." However, co-star Jenna Ushkowitz said, "I would so not be against a Britney episode. I'm such a huge fan. It would be so much fun."
There is no clue yet whether Britney would appear in the episode. Ryan previously said that he planned a big tribute episode after 2011's Super Bowl but did not mention the artist.
More Glee News
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London