Britney Spears Episode on 'Glee' Confirmed
Despite an objection from one of the cast, "Glee" moves on with Britney Spears' manager's idea of having an episode using the pop singer's catalog, much like they did in season 1 with Madonna tribute. ET got the confirmation from creator Ryan Murphy who said a Spears episode is "currently in the middle of writing" process.
Back in April, Britney's manager, Adam Leber, began campaigning for a special episode featuring his client via Twitter, writing "Do you guys want to see a Britney Spears episode of Glee?". Ryan Murphy then responded, "I'm interested in the Britney Spears idea. I've always loved her. I'm entertaining it. I think young kids would like that."
Asked for opinion, Matthew Morrison said, "That's a rumour her manager started. I hope our show doesn't go along that route." However, co-star Jenna Ushkowitz said, "I would so not be against a Britney episode. I'm such a huge fan. It would be so much fun."
There is no clue yet whether Britney would appear in the episode. Ryan previously said that he planned a big tribute episode after 2011's Super Bowl but did not mention the artist.
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image