Britney Spears Episode on 'Glee' Confirmed
Despite an objection from one of the cast, "Glee" moves on with Britney Spears' manager's idea of having an episode using the pop singer's catalog, much like they did in season 1 with Madonna tribute. ET got the confirmation from creator Ryan Murphy who said a Spears episode is "currently in the middle of writing" process.
Back in April, Britney's manager, Adam Leber, began campaigning for a special episode featuring his client via Twitter, writing "Do you guys want to see a Britney Spears episode of Glee?". Ryan Murphy then responded, "I'm interested in the Britney Spears idea. I've always loved her. I'm entertaining it. I think young kids would like that."
Asked for opinion, Matthew Morrison said, "That's a rumour her manager started. I hope our show doesn't go along that route." However, co-star Jenna Ushkowitz said, "I would so not be against a Britney episode. I'm such a huge fan. It would be so much fun."
There is no clue yet whether Britney would appear in the episode. Ryan previously said that he planned a big tribute episode after 2011's Super Bowl but did not mention the artist.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'