Britney Spears Episode on 'Glee' Confirmed
Despite an objection from one of the cast, "Glee" moves on with Britney Spears' manager's idea of having an episode using the pop singer's catalog, much like they did in season 1 with Madonna tribute. ET got the confirmation from creator Ryan Murphy who said a Spears episode is "currently in the middle of writing" process.
Back in April, Britney's manager, Adam Leber, began campaigning for a special episode featuring his client via Twitter, writing "Do you guys want to see a Britney Spears episode of Glee?". Ryan Murphy then responded, "I'm interested in the Britney Spears idea. I've always loved her. I'm entertaining it. I think young kids would like that."
Asked for opinion, Matthew Morrison said, "That's a rumour her manager started. I hope our show doesn't go along that route." However, co-star Jenna Ushkowitz said, "I would so not be against a Britney episode. I'm such a huge fan. It would be so much fun."
There is no clue yet whether Britney would appear in the episode. Ryan previously said that he planned a big tribute episode after 2011's Super Bowl but did not mention the artist.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal