Mel Gibson's Outburst Tape Released, William Morris Endeavor Drops Him as Client
Now that a tape featuring Mel Gibson launching racist and offensive tirade against Oksana Grigorieva, his ex-girlfriend and mother of their illegitimate daughter, was released, the actor's agency, William Morris Endeavor, dropped the Oscar-winning actor as their client on Friday afternoon, July 9. The decision also follows the death of Mel's agent of more than 30 years, Ed Limato, on July 3.
"It is rare for William Morris Endeavor to dump an actor with such an A-list, high profile - but after they heard the tapes they probably would have realized they committed career suicide," Hollywood Image consultant, Michael Sands, said as quoted by FOX News. "It could have destroyed the agency's image to have kept him on board."
Meanwhile, co-chief executive of William Morris, Ari Emanuel, added through a statement to the New York Times, "People in the entertainment community, whether Jew or gentile, need to demonstrate that they understand how much is at stake in this by professionally shunning Mel Gibson and refusing to work with him, even if it means a sacrifice to their bottom line."
The tape, which becomes the factor of the split, hit the internet after Radar Online posted it. The recording heard Mel boiling over how Oksana dresses, saying "You go around sashaying in your tight clothes. I won't stand for that anymore." The actor continued his rant by accusing her of getting breast implants and trying to breastfeed their 8-month-old daughter Lucia.
"You are provocatively dressed all the time with your fake boobs that you feel you have to show off," Mel allegedly says on the tape. "I'm just telling you the truth. I don't like it. I don't believe you anymore. I don't trust you. I don't love you. OK? I will take care of my child but I don't want you anymore."
On Thursday, July 8, Los Angeles County Sherriff's Department said Mel Gibson has been named as a potential suspect in a domestic violence investigation of the then-couple's bust-up back in January. However, Mel is said not worrying about it because he reportedly will present evidence to detectives that Oksana tried to extort money from him and if he didn't pay, she'd leak the recordings to the press.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen