Ashley Greene Lands PETA Awards for Her Kind Choice
"Twilight" saga star Ashley Greene has been honored with a new award from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for signing on as the new face of Avon cosmetics. The animal rights organization honors Greene with the 2010 PETA Kind Choices Award.
Avon was the first major cosmetics company to adopt a cruelty-free policy and has ended all animal testing of its products and ingredients since 1989. For teaming up with the cosmetic company, which also has a foundation to work against breast cancer, PETA spokeswoman Amanda Schinke told WENN that Greene will receive a framed certificate and a card signed by PETA staffers.
PETA Vice President of Laboratory Investigations Kathy Guillermo, additionally, said, "Ashley and Avon are to be congratulated for encouraging millions of 'Twilight' fans and other young people to choose makeup that's fun, not fatal. Thanks to cruelty-free companies such as Avon, you can get a to-die-for look that no animals had to die for."
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country