Ashley Greene Lands PETA Awards for Her Kind Choice
"Twilight" saga star Ashley Greene has been honored with a new award from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for signing on as the new face of Avon cosmetics. The animal rights organization honors Greene with the 2010 PETA Kind Choices Award.
Avon was the first major cosmetics company to adopt a cruelty-free policy and has ended all animal testing of its products and ingredients since 1989. For teaming up with the cosmetic company, which also has a foundation to work against breast cancer, PETA spokeswoman Amanda Schinke told WENN that Greene will receive a framed certificate and a card signed by PETA staffers.
PETA Vice President of Laboratory Investigations Kathy Guillermo, additionally, said, "Ashley and Avon are to be congratulated for encouraging millions of 'Twilight' fans and other young people to choose makeup that's fun, not fatal. Thanks to cruelty-free companies such as Avon, you can get a to-die-for look that no animals had to die for."
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo