Ashley Greene Lands PETA Awards for Her Kind Choice
"Twilight" saga star Ashley Greene has been honored with a new award from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for signing on as the new face of Avon cosmetics. The animal rights organization honors Greene with the 2010 PETA Kind Choices Award.
Avon was the first major cosmetics company to adopt a cruelty-free policy and has ended all animal testing of its products and ingredients since 1989. For teaming up with the cosmetic company, which also has a foundation to work against breast cancer, PETA spokeswoman Amanda Schinke told WENN that Greene will receive a framed certificate and a card signed by PETA staffers.
PETA Vice President of Laboratory Investigations Kathy Guillermo, additionally, said, "Ashley and Avon are to be congratulated for encouraging millions of 'Twilight' fans and other young people to choose makeup that's fun, not fatal. Thanks to cruelty-free companies such as Avon, you can get a to-die-for look that no animals had to die for."
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope