Ashley Greene Lands PETA Awards for Her Kind Choice
"Twilight" saga star Ashley Greene has been honored with a new award from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for signing on as the new face of Avon cosmetics. The animal rights organization honors Greene with the 2010 PETA Kind Choices Award.
Avon was the first major cosmetics company to adopt a cruelty-free policy and has ended all animal testing of its products and ingredients since 1989. For teaming up with the cosmetic company, which also has a foundation to work against breast cancer, PETA spokeswoman Amanda Schinke told WENN that Greene will receive a framed certificate and a card signed by PETA staffers.
PETA Vice President of Laboratory Investigations Kathy Guillermo, additionally, said, "Ashley and Avon are to be congratulated for encouraging millions of 'Twilight' fans and other young people to choose makeup that's fun, not fatal. Thanks to cruelty-free companies such as Avon, you can get a to-die-for look that no animals had to die for."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby