Ashley Greene Lands PETA Awards for Her Kind Choice
"Twilight" saga star Ashley Greene has been honored with a new award from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for signing on as the new face of Avon cosmetics. The animal rights organization honors Greene with the 2010 PETA Kind Choices Award.
Avon was the first major cosmetics company to adopt a cruelty-free policy and has ended all animal testing of its products and ingredients since 1989. For teaming up with the cosmetic company, which also has a foundation to work against breast cancer, PETA spokeswoman Amanda Schinke told WENN that Greene will receive a framed certificate and a card signed by PETA staffers.
PETA Vice President of Laboratory Investigations Kathy Guillermo, additionally, said, "Ashley and Avon are to be congratulated for encouraging millions of 'Twilight' fans and other young people to choose makeup that's fun, not fatal. Thanks to cruelty-free companies such as Avon, you can get a to-die-for look that no animals had to die for."
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Shopping in Malibu in Tiny Bikini
- Lea Michele and Ashley Tisdale Team Up for Breathtaking Cover of 'Dancing on My Own'
- Pauly D Splits From Aubrey O'Day After a Year and a Half of Dating
- J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Eyeing 'X-Men' Star Nicholas Hoult for Lead Role
- Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Hide Behind Umbrella While Heading to the Gym
- 'America's Got Talent': Tennessee Singer Gets DJ Khaled's Golden Buzzer for His Original Song
- Ciara Gets Slammed After Taking Her Baby on 'Dangerous' Waterslide in China