Injured Alex Wong Axed From 'So You Think You Can Dance'
Alex Wong's injury cost him his time on "So You Think You Can Dance". The only ballet dancer in the season was eliminated this week through unanimous votes from the judges. It was an easy decision because torn Achilles tendon which he got while in rehearsal will require an operation and months of rest.
Nigel Lythgoe said that Alex is welcome back next year. "It is just another thing you've got to get through in your life. It will strengthen you," he added. Alex welled-up a bit when hearing the judges' decision to send him home and the remaining contestants gave him a group hug. "I feel like I haven't finished my journey and I feel like I have so much more to learn," Alex said. "So I would love to come back."
Alex skipped this week's performance and automatically was placed in the bottom three along with the lowest vote getters, Billy Bell and Ashley Galvan. "The results of Alex's MRI came in late last night," Nigel said at the end of the show. "Alex has suffered a lacerated Achilles tendon."
After the show, Alex expressed his disappointment, saying "My heart's more in pain. [It's] not so much physical. It was a freak accident and it's unfortunate that it snapped completely in half."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip