Injured Alex Wong Axed From 'So You Think You Can Dance'
Alex Wong's injury cost him his time on "So You Think You Can Dance". The only ballet dancer in the season was eliminated this week through unanimous votes from the judges. It was an easy decision because torn Achilles tendon which he got while in rehearsal will require an operation and months of rest.
Nigel Lythgoe said that Alex is welcome back next year. "It is just another thing you've got to get through in your life. It will strengthen you," he added. Alex welled-up a bit when hearing the judges' decision to send him home and the remaining contestants gave him a group hug. "I feel like I haven't finished my journey and I feel like I have so much more to learn," Alex said. "So I would love to come back."
Alex skipped this week's performance and automatically was placed in the bottom three along with the lowest vote getters, Billy Bell and Ashley Galvan. "The results of Alex's MRI came in late last night," Nigel said at the end of the show. "Alex has suffered a lacerated Achilles tendon."
After the show, Alex expressed his disappointment, saying "My heart's more in pain. [It's] not so much physical. It was a freak accident and it's unfortunate that it snapped completely in half."
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber