Injured Alex Wong Axed From 'So You Think You Can Dance'
Alex Wong's injury cost him his time on "So You Think You Can Dance". The only ballet dancer in the season was eliminated this week through unanimous votes from the judges. It was an easy decision because torn Achilles tendon which he got while in rehearsal will require an operation and months of rest.
Nigel Lythgoe said that Alex is welcome back next year. "It is just another thing you've got to get through in your life. It will strengthen you," he added. Alex welled-up a bit when hearing the judges' decision to send him home and the remaining contestants gave him a group hug. "I feel like I haven't finished my journey and I feel like I have so much more to learn," Alex said. "So I would love to come back."
Alex skipped this week's performance and automatically was placed in the bottom three along with the lowest vote getters, Billy Bell and Ashley Galvan. "The results of Alex's MRI came in late last night," Nigel said at the end of the show. "Alex has suffered a lacerated Achilles tendon."
After the show, Alex expressed his disappointment, saying "My heart's more in pain. [It's] not so much physical. It was a freak accident and it's unfortunate that it snapped completely in half."
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest