Injured Alex Wong Axed From 'So You Think You Can Dance'
Alex Wong's injury cost him his time on "So You Think You Can Dance". The only ballet dancer in the season was eliminated this week through unanimous votes from the judges. It was an easy decision because torn Achilles tendon which he got while in rehearsal will require an operation and months of rest.
Nigel Lythgoe said that Alex is welcome back next year. "It is just another thing you've got to get through in your life. It will strengthen you," he added. Alex welled-up a bit when hearing the judges' decision to send him home and the remaining contestants gave him a group hug. "I feel like I haven't finished my journey and I feel like I have so much more to learn," Alex said. "So I would love to come back."
Alex skipped this week's performance and automatically was placed in the bottom three along with the lowest vote getters, Billy Bell and Ashley Galvan. "The results of Alex's MRI came in late last night," Nigel said at the end of the show. "Alex has suffered a lacerated Achilles tendon."
After the show, Alex expressed his disappointment, saying "My heart's more in pain. [It's] not so much physical. It was a freak accident and it's unfortunate that it snapped completely in half."
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die