Linkin Park's New Album and Lead Single Announced
Linkin Park are ready to rock again. As a follow-up to their 2007 studio album "Minutes to Midnight", the band are now preparing "A Thousand Suns". It becomes their first release since scoring soundtrack for "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".
The first single from the album is titled "The Catalyst". It is expected to hit radio airwaves on August 2, while the album will not be released in the United States until September 14. Ahead of the song debut, fans can get "some audio" from the "Catalyst" on the band's MySpace starting July 9.
The preview is part of an online contest held to give fans a "one-of-a-kind opportunity" to be featured in their album. "You can remix the parts, write something over them, or mute stuff and write something totally new. We may choose a remix of the song, and put it on the album," it was explained.
"Or, we may choose an amazing keyboardist, string quartet, guitarist, percussion group, or other musician, and invite them into the studio to play on one of our songs. No matter what instrument you play, you can win. We're open to anything good. All we ask is that you include any audible portion of any one of our stems in your submission."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group