Linkin Park's New Album and Lead Single Announced
Linkin Park are ready to rock again. As a follow-up to their 2007 studio album "Minutes to Midnight", the band are now preparing "A Thousand Suns". It becomes their first release since scoring soundtrack for "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".
The first single from the album is titled "The Catalyst". It is expected to hit radio airwaves on August 2, while the album will not be released in the United States until September 14. Ahead of the song debut, fans can get "some audio" from the "Catalyst" on the band's MySpace starting July 9.
The preview is part of an online contest held to give fans a "one-of-a-kind opportunity" to be featured in their album. "You can remix the parts, write something over them, or mute stuff and write something totally new. We may choose a remix of the song, and put it on the album," it was explained.
"Or, we may choose an amazing keyboardist, string quartet, guitarist, percussion group, or other musician, and invite them into the studio to play on one of our songs. No matter what instrument you play, you can win. We're open to anything good. All we ask is that you include any audible portion of any one of our stems in your submission."
More Linkin Park News
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape