Lawyer Quits, Lindsay Lohan 'Determined to Not Go to Jail'
Lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley no longer represents Lindsay Lohan in her 2007 DUI and drug case. TMZ, who called Holley for a comment, was informed that she has resigned as Lohan's lawyer and sources revealed Holley resigned on early Thursday, July 8.
Confirming that Holley has quit from being Lohan's attorney, the 24-year-old actress' New York lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, told the Daily News, "I can confirm [Holley] is not representing Lindsay at this point. Lindsay is in the process of hiring new counsel." Lawyer Tiffany Feder-Cohen is reportedly replacing Holley.
When asked if Feder-Coher is Lohan's new lawyer for the ongoing case, neither Holley nor Feder-Cohen's office confirmed or denied the report. However, an L.A. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told People, "We got a call yesterday from a female identifying herself as Tiffany Feder-Cohen. She introduced herself as Lindsay Lohan's new attorney."
Whitmore continued, "I can't get into details about why she called, but the bottom line is that we at the sheriff's department only do what the courts instruct us to do." Meanwhile, a source close to Lohan revealed, "Lindsay is determined to not go to jail, get new attorneys and just appeal it. She seems totally with it, smart and knows what she wants."
Shawn Chapman Holley resigned after only hours from defending Lindsay Lohan, believing the troubled star's 90-day jail sentence was too harsh. She claimed, "Ms. Lohan and I are extremely disappointed in the sentence handed down by Judge Revel. We believe that the penalty is far harsher than what others would have received under similar circumstances."
"The reality is that Ms. Lohan, like most defendants, had to balance work commitments with court requirements," Holley continued. "To be punished so severely for doing so, particularly in light of the fact that she substantially complied with each of her probationary conditions, is harsh and unfair."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled