Mel Gibson Named as Potential Suspect in Domestic Violence Investigation
A dispute between Mel Gibson and his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva has caught the eyes of police. On Thursday, July 8, Los Angeles County Sherriff's Department stated that the "Braveheart" star has been named as a potential suspect in a domestic violence investigation of the then-couple's bust-up back in January.
"An investigation of domestic violence was launched by [Los Angeles Sheriff's] Malibu/Lost Hills station detectives... involving actor Mel Gibson and his former girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva," a statement released that day read. "The detective in charge of the investigation is currently gathering information regarding the allegations. Due to the investigation being preliminary in nature, no other information is available at this time."
According to Los Angeles Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore, police began the investigation after contacted by Oksana. Steve revealed, "The allegations were brought to our attention from the alleged victim. We interviewed her on Monday. We were first contacted several days before that. When the investigation is completed, which could take up to a month, we will then turn the case over to the district attorney's office for consideration, which is a routine procedure."
Mel and Oksana have been involved in a nasty custody dispute over their illegitimate six-month-old daughter, Lucia. In a restraining order which Oksana filed on June 25, the Russian singer alleged that the actor knocked her teeth out during the January 6 confrontation. She also claimed she has tapes of him launching a racist, profanity-laced tirade aimed at her and photos of her "bloodied and bruised" face.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny