Cristiano Ronaldo Names His Son After Himself
Cristiano Ronaldo has picked a name for his newly-born son. The 25-year-old footballer calls the tot after his name, his sister Katia revealed. "The baby is doing very well. We are looking after him while Cristiano is away. He's called Cristiano just like his dad," she said as quoted by The Sun.
"Cristiano chose the name but we like it. He looks like his father and like me. He has the same eyes," Katia added. As the news came as a shock for some people, Katia claimed their family are happy for him, saying "Some people may think it's strange, but we don't. We're very happy about what Cristiano has done."
The site reported that Cristiano's baby son, who was born on June 17 and weighed 9lbs 8oz, is currently taken care by Katia and Cristiano's mother Dolores. They both stay in a rented 2.5 million pounds sterling villa on the Algarve, near Cristiano's CR7 fashion boutique in upmarket Vilamoura. Meanwhile, the football star is currently on holiday in the U.S. with Russian model girlfriend Irina Shayk
According to reports in Portugal, Cristiano handpicked a surrogate mother in the U.S. and paid the baby's mum 10 million pound sterling as hush money. However, both Katia and Dolores refused to comment when asked about the rumor. "We don't know the mother, we never met her," sister Katia claimed as quoted by Mirror.
Cristiano Ronaldo first announced that he has become a father on Saturday, July 3. He shared the news on his Twitter and Facebook, writing "It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy. As agreed with the baby's mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna