Cristiano Ronaldo Names His Son After Himself
Cristiano Ronaldo has picked a name for his newly-born son. The 25-year-old footballer calls the tot after his name, his sister Katia revealed. "The baby is doing very well. We are looking after him while Cristiano is away. He's called Cristiano just like his dad," she said as quoted by The Sun.
"Cristiano chose the name but we like it. He looks like his father and like me. He has the same eyes," Katia added. As the news came as a shock for some people, Katia claimed their family are happy for him, saying "Some people may think it's strange, but we don't. We're very happy about what Cristiano has done."
The site reported that Cristiano's baby son, who was born on June 17 and weighed 9lbs 8oz, is currently taken care by Katia and Cristiano's mother Dolores. They both stay in a rented 2.5 million pounds sterling villa on the Algarve, near Cristiano's CR7 fashion boutique in upmarket Vilamoura. Meanwhile, the football star is currently on holiday in the U.S. with Russian model girlfriend Irina Shayk
According to reports in Portugal, Cristiano handpicked a surrogate mother in the U.S. and paid the baby's mum 10 million pound sterling as hush money. However, both Katia and Dolores refused to comment when asked about the rumor. "We don't know the mother, we never met her," sister Katia claimed as quoted by Mirror.
Cristiano Ronaldo first announced that he has become a father on Saturday, July 3. He shared the news on his Twitter and Facebook, writing "It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy. As agreed with the baby's mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences