Shakira to Perform at 'Youthful' Closing Ceremony of World Cup
It's official, Shakira is going to rock South Africa during the live telecast of 2010 FIFA World Cup closing ceremony. Set to take place at Soccer City on July 11, the gig is promised to be "more youthful and a bit more technologically advanced" compared to the more traditionally opening ceremony.
Derek Carstens, chief marketing officer for the organizing committee, said, "While the opening ceremony was more traditional in its approach, in order to do justice to Africa's heritage, the closing ceremony will have more contemporary and youthful themes." Spokesman Jermaine Craig added that the Sunday event will have "nice lighting effects and special effects planned."
The concert is scheduled to start at 6:30 P.M. local time, two hours before the final match, Netherlands vs. Spain, kicks off. Shakira is billed to entertain the soccer mania with "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)", the official anthem of the championship. She previously also performed the track in a star-studded World Cup concert in Soweto last month.
For this upcoming gig, Shakira gets help from Roberto Cavalli to design her outfit. She will wear a belly-baring tulle top embroidered with multicolor pearls, and a silk fringed skirt - complete with a floral motif and animalier print. She will finish off her look with a denim belt embroidered with African style pearls and leather bracelets with floral silk applique.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day