'Hot in Cleveland' Gets Season 2 and More Betty White
"Hot in Cleveland", TV Land's first foray into original scripted programming, is heading for a second season. The network has given its vote of confidence to the TV series starring Betty White, giving it a 20-episode season order half-way through its first season's 10 episodes.
"We are so excited that 'Hot in Cleveland' was embraced by viewers in such a big way," said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land, in a press release. "We absolutely love the show and can't wait to see what hilarious new experiences these characters will encounter in the next 20 episodes."
The press release also stated that White will return along with her co-stars Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick although she previously expressed her willingness to stay for a season only. White was only intended to be a guest star at first, but due to her character's appeal, she was promoted to be a regular.
"Hot in Cleveland" has been TV Land's strong performer on the Wednesday, 10/9c slot. The pilot debuted to 4.7 million viewers and the next episodes have averaged 4 to 5 million viewers.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris