'Hot in Cleveland' Gets Season 2 and More Betty White
"Hot in Cleveland", TV Land's first foray into original scripted programming, is heading for a second season. The network has given its vote of confidence to the TV series starring Betty White, giving it a 20-episode season order half-way through its first season's 10 episodes.
"We are so excited that 'Hot in Cleveland' was embraced by viewers in such a big way," said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land, in a press release. "We absolutely love the show and can't wait to see what hilarious new experiences these characters will encounter in the next 20 episodes."
The press release also stated that White will return along with her co-stars Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick although she previously expressed her willingness to stay for a season only. White was only intended to be a guest star at first, but due to her character's appeal, she was promoted to be a regular.
"Hot in Cleveland" has been TV Land's strong performer on the Wednesday, 10/9c slot. The pilot debuted to 4.7 million viewers and the next episodes have averaged 4 to 5 million viewers.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS