'Hot in Cleveland' Gets Season 2 and More Betty White
"Hot in Cleveland", TV Land's first foray into original scripted programming, is heading for a second season. The network has given its vote of confidence to the TV series starring Betty White, giving it a 20-episode season order half-way through its first season's 10 episodes.
"We are so excited that 'Hot in Cleveland' was embraced by viewers in such a big way," said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land, in a press release. "We absolutely love the show and can't wait to see what hilarious new experiences these characters will encounter in the next 20 episodes."
The press release also stated that White will return along with her co-stars Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick although she previously expressed her willingness to stay for a season only. White was only intended to be a guest star at first, but due to her character's appeal, she was promoted to be a regular.
"Hot in Cleveland" has been TV Land's strong performer on the Wednesday, 10/9c slot. The pilot debuted to 4.7 million viewers and the next episodes have averaged 4 to 5 million viewers.
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics