'Hot in Cleveland' Gets Season 2 and More Betty White
"Hot in Cleveland", TV Land's first foray into original scripted programming, is heading for a second season. The network has given its vote of confidence to the TV series starring Betty White, giving it a 20-episode season order half-way through its first season's 10 episodes.
"We are so excited that 'Hot in Cleveland' was embraced by viewers in such a big way," said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land, in a press release. "We absolutely love the show and can't wait to see what hilarious new experiences these characters will encounter in the next 20 episodes."
The press release also stated that White will return along with her co-stars Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick although she previously expressed her willingness to stay for a season only. White was only intended to be a guest star at first, but due to her character's appeal, she was promoted to be a regular.
"Hot in Cleveland" has been TV Land's strong performer on the Wednesday, 10/9c slot. The pilot debuted to 4.7 million viewers and the next episodes have averaged 4 to 5 million viewers.
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo