'Hot in Cleveland' Gets Season 2 and More Betty White
"Hot in Cleveland", TV Land's first foray into original scripted programming, is heading for a second season. The network has given its vote of confidence to the TV series starring Betty White, giving it a 20-episode season order half-way through its first season's 10 episodes.
"We are so excited that 'Hot in Cleveland' was embraced by viewers in such a big way," said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land, in a press release. "We absolutely love the show and can't wait to see what hilarious new experiences these characters will encounter in the next 20 episodes."
The press release also stated that White will return along with her co-stars Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick although she previously expressed her willingness to stay for a season only. White was only intended to be a guest star at first, but due to her character's appeal, she was promoted to be a regular.
"Hot in Cleveland" has been TV Land's strong performer on the Wednesday, 10/9c slot. The pilot debuted to 4.7 million viewers and the next episodes have averaged 4 to 5 million viewers.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards