Eminem Goes Platinum With 'Recovery', Staying Strong Atop Hot 200
Eminem's latest studio installment "Recovery" adds 313,000 copies this week, passing a 1 million mark and earning a Platinum certification. Although the album suffers a 58 percent decline in sale number, it still manages to nab the first place on Billboard Hot 200.
"Recovery" becomes the first effort to sell more than 300,000 units in multiple weeks since Susan Boyle did such thing with "I Dreamed a Dream" in late 2009. Moreover, the June 21 release has a chance to be crowned the best-selling rap album. Last year, the rapper needed four weeks to go platinum with its predecessor "Relapse", but now it only takes him two weeks to bring home the plague.
Drake holds his runner-up position for the second week with "Thank Me Later" which shifts 105,000. The soundtrack album of "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" jumps from No. 10 to No. 3 with 65,000. Taking the fourth spot, meanwhile, is this week's highest chart debut The-Dream's "Love King" which arrives with 58,000. Rounding up the top 5 is "Now 34: That's What I Call Music" with 45,000.
Justin Bieber moves up from No. 8 to No. 6 with "My World 2.0" which pulls in 41,000. At No. 7 just behind the Canadian singer's album, there is another new entry of this week 3OH!3's sophomore set "Streets of Gold" which starts with 41,000. Jack Johnson's "To the Sea" falls one slot to No. 8 with 35,000.
The second runner-up of last week Miley Cyrus' "Can't Be Tamed" drops six spots to No. 9 with 32,000. Making a comeback after getting kicked out of the Top 10 is Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" which sits at No. 10 with 30,000.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Recovery" - Eminem
- "Thank Me Later" - Drake
- "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack - various artists
- "Love King" - The-Dream
- "Now 34: That's What I Call Music" - various artists
- "My World 2.0" - Justin Bieber
- "Streets of Gold" - 3OH!3
- "To the Sea" - Jack Johnson
- "Can't Be Tamed" - Miley Cyrus
- "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum
More Eminem News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance