Dannii Minogue Gives Birth to Baby Boy, Both 'Are Doing Well'
Dannii Minogue is officially a mother. The "The X Factor" judge and her model boyfriend Kris Smith welcomed a baby son in a Melbourne hospital, the Royal Women's Hospital, on Monday, July 5, Herald Sun reported.
Dannii and Kris named their baby boy Ethan Edward Smith. The "Disremembrance" singer's manager has released a statement on the delivery. "Kris Smith and Dannii Minogue are thrilled to announce the arrival of Ethan Edward Smith on 5th July 2010," the statement read.
"Mother and baby are doing well and Dad is very proud," the manager further revealed. "They request their privacy at this special time to adjust as new parents."
Dannii claimed she never thought about starting a family until meeting Kris. Back in June, she told the Mail On Sunday's You magazine, "I just never thought it was something I would do. I had never been broody. No clock was ticking. And I would never have wanted to do it unless I was in the right relationship. He felt like the one."
"I'm not scared, I'm so excited. I think that's because Kris is going to be brilliant. He's changed nappies before and I haven't, not even my nephews'," Dannii continued. "My brother said to me, 'It's nappy-changing time. Don't you think you should give this a go?' I said, 'Absolutely not. All yours. Your child'."
Dannii Minogue, who was previously married to "Nip/Tuck" actor Julian McMahon, met Kris Smith in Ibiza in 2008 and the two have since begun dating. The couple announced the pregnancy in January, with Dannii writing on her Twitter page "Woo hoo - I'm gonna be a mummy."
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses