Kelis Tells People Criticizing Miley Cyrus to Get Over Themselves
When one stepped forward to go against you, the other would come to your defense and that's exactly what happened with Miley Cyrus. The teen singer might have been slammed by Katy Perry, but she needs no worry as another fellow artist Kelis has defended her.
Joining Dolly Parton who already supported Miley last week, Kelis refused to go negative when sounding off her insight about Miley's new raunchy image. Praising the "Can't Be Tamed" music video as a brilliant treatment, she said in an interview with Yahoo! Music, "People kinda need to get off her back."
"If you're an artist and if you're any good, your feelings are on your sleeve," she continued. "Who wasn't like that at 17, 18? People forget that just because you are in the public eye they think you're supposed to temper yourself...'I'm living my life out loud.' I remember that. You're finding your way."
"I saw the video and I was like 'wow.' I knew exactly what she was going through as I watched it. I thought it was a beautiful video, she looks great, I get exactly what she's saying, she couldn't have put it more clear, She's in a cage. I get it, it's great, ... I'm glad she did that. It's her right."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics