Kelis Tells People Criticizing Miley Cyrus to Get Over Themselves
When one stepped forward to go against you, the other would come to your defense and that's exactly what happened with Miley Cyrus. The teen singer might have been slammed by Katy Perry, but she needs no worry as another fellow artist Kelis has defended her.
Joining Dolly Parton who already supported Miley last week, Kelis refused to go negative when sounding off her insight about Miley's new raunchy image. Praising the "Can't Be Tamed" music video as a brilliant treatment, she said in an interview with Yahoo! Music, "People kinda need to get off her back."
"If you're an artist and if you're any good, your feelings are on your sleeve," she continued. "Who wasn't like that at 17, 18? People forget that just because you are in the public eye they think you're supposed to temper yourself...'I'm living my life out loud.' I remember that. You're finding your way."
"I saw the video and I was like 'wow.' I knew exactly what she was going through as I watched it. I thought it was a beautiful video, she looks great, I get exactly what she's saying, she couldn't have put it more clear, She's in a cage. I get it, it's great, ... I'm glad she did that. It's her right."
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!