Kelis Tells People Criticizing Miley Cyrus to Get Over Themselves
When one stepped forward to go against you, the other would come to your defense and that's exactly what happened with Miley Cyrus. The teen singer might have been slammed by Katy Perry, but she needs no worry as another fellow artist Kelis has defended her.
Joining Dolly Parton who already supported Miley last week, Kelis refused to go negative when sounding off her insight about Miley's new raunchy image. Praising the "Can't Be Tamed" music video as a brilliant treatment, she said in an interview with Yahoo! Music, "People kinda need to get off her back."
"If you're an artist and if you're any good, your feelings are on your sleeve," she continued. "Who wasn't like that at 17, 18? People forget that just because you are in the public eye they think you're supposed to temper yourself...'I'm living my life out loud.' I remember that. You're finding your way."
"I saw the video and I was like 'wow.' I knew exactly what she was going through as I watched it. I thought it was a beautiful video, she looks great, I get exactly what she's saying, she couldn't have put it more clear, She's in a cage. I get it, it's great, ... I'm glad she did that. It's her right."
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant