Kelis Tells People Criticizing Miley Cyrus to Get Over Themselves
When one stepped forward to go against you, the other would come to your defense and that's exactly what happened with Miley Cyrus. The teen singer might have been slammed by Katy Perry, but she needs no worry as another fellow artist Kelis has defended her.
Joining Dolly Parton who already supported Miley last week, Kelis refused to go negative when sounding off her insight about Miley's new raunchy image. Praising the "Can't Be Tamed" music video as a brilliant treatment, she said in an interview with Yahoo! Music, "People kinda need to get off her back."
"If you're an artist and if you're any good, your feelings are on your sleeve," she continued. "Who wasn't like that at 17, 18? People forget that just because you are in the public eye they think you're supposed to temper yourself...'I'm living my life out loud.' I remember that. You're finding your way."
"I saw the video and I was like 'wow.' I knew exactly what she was going through as I watched it. I thought it was a beautiful video, she looks great, I get exactly what she's saying, she couldn't have put it more clear, She's in a cage. I get it, it's great, ... I'm glad she did that. It's her right."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes