Lindsay Lohan Bursts Into Tears After Sentenced to 90 Days in Jail
Lindsay Lohan is no longer able to avoid jail time after violating the terms of her probation in her 2007 DUI and drug case by failing to attend court-mandated weekly alcohol education classes and submit to random drug tests. On Tuesday, July 6, judge Marsha Revel sentenced Lindsay to 90 days in jail, covering 30 days in jail for her first DUI arrest, 30 days for her second arrest and 30 days for reckless driving, followed by 90 days in-patient rehab once she is released.
When her sentence was announced, Lindsay immediately burst into tears. "Are you serious?" the "Mean Girls" star asked her lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley. When judge Marsha asked how long she had spent in prison in 2007, Shawn claimed she wasn't sure but the troubled actress was heard saying "A lot!"
Lindsay was not required to immediately turn herself in. She was ordered to report to the courthouse on July 20 at 8:30 A.M. to begin serving her term at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood. Los Angeles Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore says she will be "kept away from the general jail population for the safety of everyone involved."
Before Judge Marsha read the sentence, teary Lindsay gave a statement to the court, claiming "I did the best I could. It has been a long haul, and I don't want you to think I don't respect you. I was doing everything I was supposed to do with all my heart... I am not taking this as a joke - it is my life."
However, the co-owner of the DUI school, where Lohan was ordered to attend, testified in court earlier that day that she blew off seven alcohol education classes. Lindsay claimed, "Honestly, it did wake me up. Yes, of course it scared me. Also it confused me because I thought it was OK to miss those classes. Had I known... I would've made sure I was in town each week."
On how much jail time could Lindsay actually serve, L.A. Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve revealed that it may be as little as 25 percent, or about 22 days or even less also because of the fact that she did not commit a violent crime. In 2007, Lindsay spent 84 minutes in the Detention Facility where she will serve her upcoming jail time.
Lindsay Lohan Senteced to 90 Days in Jail:
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'