Lindsay Lohan Bursts Into Tears After Sentenced to 90 Days in Jail
Lindsay Lohan is no longer able to avoid jail time after violating the terms of her probation in her 2007 DUI and drug case by failing to attend court-mandated weekly alcohol education classes and submit to random drug tests. On Tuesday, July 6, judge Marsha Revel sentenced Lindsay to 90 days in jail, covering 30 days in jail for her first DUI arrest, 30 days for her second arrest and 30 days for reckless driving, followed by 90 days in-patient rehab once she is released.
When her sentence was announced, Lindsay immediately burst into tears. "Are you serious?" the "Mean Girls" star asked her lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley. When judge Marsha asked how long she had spent in prison in 2007, Shawn claimed she wasn't sure but the troubled actress was heard saying "A lot!"
Lindsay was not required to immediately turn herself in. She was ordered to report to the courthouse on July 20 at 8:30 A.M. to begin serving her term at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood. Los Angeles Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore says she will be "kept away from the general jail population for the safety of everyone involved."
Before Judge Marsha read the sentence, teary Lindsay gave a statement to the court, claiming "I did the best I could. It has been a long haul, and I don't want you to think I don't respect you. I was doing everything I was supposed to do with all my heart... I am not taking this as a joke - it is my life."
However, the co-owner of the DUI school, where Lohan was ordered to attend, testified in court earlier that day that she blew off seven alcohol education classes. Lindsay claimed, "Honestly, it did wake me up. Yes, of course it scared me. Also it confused me because I thought it was OK to miss those classes. Had I known... I would've made sure I was in town each week."
On how much jail time could Lindsay actually serve, L.A. Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve revealed that it may be as little as 25 percent, or about 22 days or even less also because of the fact that she did not commit a violent crime. In 2007, Lindsay spent 84 minutes in the Detention Facility where she will serve her upcoming jail time.
Lindsay Lohan Senteced to 90 Days in Jail:
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie