Viggo Mortensen and Michael Fassbender Go Vintage for 'A Dangerous Method'
First look at Viggo Mortensen as Sigmund Freud and Michael Fassbender as Carl Jung in "A Dangerous Method" has been obtained in form of on-set pictures. Taken during the filming in the park of the Belvedere in Austria, the images capture the two men sporting old-fashioned style to portray their respective characters.
Mortensen grows his graying beard while Fassbender sports a mustache. They additionally have short haircuts and don formal black and while outfit, with the "Jonah Hex" actor wearing glasses. Some of the photos which can be seen on TT also give a look at Keira Knightley as Sabina Spielrein.
Based on the play "The Talking Cure" by Christopher Hampton and drawn from true-life events, the film centers its story on the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Carl Jung, his mentor Sigmund Freud, and Sabina Spielrein, the troubled but beautiful young woman who comes between them. Into the mix comes Otto Gross (Vincent Cassel), a debauched patient who is determined to push the boundaries.
David Cronenberg serves behind the lens for this drama, which began shooting in May. Beside filmed in Austria, the production of the movie was also located in German and Switzerland. This Jeremy Thomas-produced flick is slated for 2011 release but the exact date has not been set yet.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says