Artist of the Week: Kylie Minogue
Starting her career as a child actress, Kylie Minogue has been a global force in pop music and is one of the world's most successful female artists with more than 60 million albums sold worldwide. Before the likes of Lady GaGa, Ke$ha and David Guetta invaded the charts with their electro-pop tunes, the Aussie singer already made a name with dance tracks like "Can't Get You Out of My Head".
And it's been almost three years since Minogue released her tenth studio album "X" in November 2007. Now she is back, celebrating her dance-floor roots with "Aphrodite" which is due for July 6 U.S. release. The album is a divine collection of pop treasures and club-ready anthems, and a nod to her goddess status among pop music lovers the world over.
With firm belief that summer is about time to party and hit the club, Minogue discards any ballads, like those appearing in her previous records, from this album. She gives the first taste of her summer anthems collection with uplifting track "All the Lovers". The 42-year-old singer said, "I feel like it's spreading joy. Which is the best thing I could ever have wished for."
Indeed, her comeback has spread joy among her devotees. When the song was previewed earlier this year, thousands of eager fans tried to log on to Minogue's official site at the same time and made it crash for few hours. Additionally, the album receives glowing reviews from music critics.
More Kylie Minogue News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip