Artist of the Week: Kylie Minogue
Starting her career as a child actress, Kylie Minogue has been a global force in pop music and is one of the world's most successful female artists with more than 60 million albums sold worldwide. Before the likes of Lady GaGa, Ke$ha and David Guetta invaded the charts with their electro-pop tunes, the Aussie singer already made a name with dance tracks like "Can't Get You Out of My Head".
And it's been almost three years since Minogue released her tenth studio album "X" in November 2007. Now she is back, celebrating her dance-floor roots with "Aphrodite" which is due for July 6 U.S. release. The album is a divine collection of pop treasures and club-ready anthems, and a nod to her goddess status among pop music lovers the world over.
With firm belief that summer is about time to party and hit the club, Minogue discards any ballads, like those appearing in her previous records, from this album. She gives the first taste of her summer anthems collection with uplifting track "All the Lovers". The 42-year-old singer said, "I feel like it's spreading joy. Which is the best thing I could ever have wished for."
Indeed, her comeback has spread joy among her devotees. When the song was previewed earlier this year, thousands of eager fans tried to log on to Minogue's official site at the same time and made it crash for few hours. Additionally, the album receives glowing reviews from music critics.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'