Ian McKellen Could Walk Out of 'The Hobbit' If It Doesn't Happen Soon
After left by its director Guillermo del Toro, "The Hobbit" is at risk of losing its actor. Speaking to New Zealand's "Good Morning" show, Ian McKellen who is the only confirmed cast of the film says that he does not officially commit to the project and may not do it if there is no imminent announcement on the start date or new helmer.
"Well I'm not under contract and my time is running out and I'm enjoying working in the theater and frankly, I would like to race after doing 'Waiting For Godot', get on with doing another play but we'll have to see," the 71-year-old actor states, hinting that he would love to do other things than waiting during the indefinite delay of "The Hobbit". He further affirms, "I don't give the producers the impression that I'm sitting waiting."
Though Peter Jackson has been reported being approached to replace Guillermo del Toro to serve behind the lens, the issue has not been confirmed yet. Jackson, meanwhile, is writing the script for the movie along with del Toro, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens.
"The Hobbit", which will re-create the scenes of the novel with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", will be split into two parts. The first part is is expected to arrive in December 2012, while "The Hobbit 2" will come out a year later. The two films are allegedly planned to be shot back-to-back in New Zealand.
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London