Lady GaGa Beats Out President Obama in Facebook Fans Record
Lady GaGa is bigger than U.S. leader, President Barack Obama. According to British social-network statistics site Fame Count, GaGa is on the brink of becoming the first living person to have 10 million fans on Facebook, beating out Obama, Starbucks, "Twilight" and "South Park."
GaGa's fan count reached 9,940,462, while Obama has 9,444,942 fans. The 24-year-old singer continued to spank Obama in Twitter followers as her follower count reached 4,762,938 compared to Obama's 4,422,923 followers. The "Poker Face" hitmaker even beat out YouTube sensation Justin Bieber, who landed number eight after Taylor Swift on the list.
On Friday, July 2, GaGa posted a video thanking her fans. In the footage, she stated, "Thank you so much for all of your love and all of your support and for sticking by me through the fame and the fame monster. Become my friend on Facebook," then blowing a kiss and saying "I'll never forget you."
Also making on the list were Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, Ashton Kutcher, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale, Coldplay, Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, John Mayer and 50 Cent.
On another news, Lady GaGa has splashed out $25,000 for luxurious Beverly Hills palace. Her new home sits at the center of a large blossoming garden, and features an outdoor swimming pool and patio area where the singer can enjoy sweeping views of the Hills from the comfort of her own back yard. The luxurious retreat is a far cry from the dirt and squalor GaGa became accustomed to while struggling to make it as a star living in New York.
More Lady GaGa News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?