Video: Kelly Clarkson Sings for President Obama at 4th of July Celebration
Kelly Clarkson has kicked off the upcoming 4th of July weekend with a live performance at a star-studded celebration on ABC. The "American Idol" singer took the stage of Ford's Theatre for a rendition of Nikka Costa's "Everybody Got Their Something".
Reportedly taped on June 6, the gig was aired Friday night, July 2. Clarkson wore a one-shoulder black long dress and wowed audience which included President Barack Obama. First Lady Michelle who served as the honorary chair of the gala celebration was seen in the audience as well.
Ty Burrell hosted the event. Featured guests included Renee Fleming, Montego Glover, Laura Michelle Kelly, Gavin Lee, George Lopez, Lionel Richie, Robin Roberts and Dick Van Dyke.
More celebrations will be held to commemorate the United States' independence day this coming Sunday. David Archuleta and Gladys Knight have been tapped for 30th anniversary broadcast of "A Capitol Fourth" on PBS. Jimmy Smits will host the event with Reba McEntire and Darius Rucker scheduled to attend.
Another extravagant show is planned by NBC. The network has hired Justin Bieber, Enrique Iglesias and LeAnn Rimes for the gig. Additionally, "Twilight" cast will make a special appearance, while Nick Cannon and Alison Sweeney are up for hosting duty.
In Boston, a Pops Fireworks Spectacular is in the works as well. CBS will air the concert live from the Charles River Esplanade at 10 P.M. (live ET/delayed PT). Craig Ferguson will host and Toby Keith is booked as a musical guest.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby