Video: Kelly Clarkson Sings for President Obama at 4th of July Celebration
Kelly Clarkson has kicked off the upcoming 4th of July weekend with a live performance at a star-studded celebration on ABC. The "American Idol" singer took the stage of Ford's Theatre for a rendition of Nikka Costa's "Everybody Got Their Something".
Reportedly taped on June 6, the gig was aired Friday night, July 2. Clarkson wore a one-shoulder black long dress and wowed audience which included President Barack Obama. First Lady Michelle who served as the honorary chair of the gala celebration was seen in the audience as well.
Ty Burrell hosted the event. Featured guests included Renee Fleming, Montego Glover, Laura Michelle Kelly, Gavin Lee, George Lopez, Lionel Richie, Robin Roberts and Dick Van Dyke.
More celebrations will be held to commemorate the United States' independence day this coming Sunday. David Archuleta and Gladys Knight have been tapped for 30th anniversary broadcast of "A Capitol Fourth" on PBS. Jimmy Smits will host the event with Reba McEntire and Darius Rucker scheduled to attend.
Another extravagant show is planned by NBC. The network has hired Justin Bieber, Enrique Iglesias and LeAnn Rimes for the gig. Additionally, "Twilight" cast will make a special appearance, while Nick Cannon and Alison Sweeney are up for hosting duty.
In Boston, a Pops Fireworks Spectacular is in the works as well. CBS will air the concert live from the Charles River Esplanade at 10 P.M. (live ET/delayed PT). Craig Ferguson will host and Toby Keith is booked as a musical guest.
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child