Chris Brown's Alleged Fake Tears Addressed by BET's Showrunner
Controversy surrounding Chris Brown's breakdown performance at BET Awards won't go away easily despite the fact that his representative and A-list pals have come to his support. And the latest to comment on this issue was BET's Executive Vice President of Entertainment and Music Programming Stephen Hill.
In an interview with AllHipHop, Hill slammed recent report mentioning Brown used eye drops to fake his cry. "I think the pressure of the year and the lyrics of that song really just resonated. And, as someone who was backstage, there was nothing fake about that," the network's showrunner said. "Story today about like his bodyguard gave him something to induce tears. It's just not true."
He shared his insight more, "I've been around actors who cry and when you fake cry, you don't get...your throat doesn't get swollen like it does [when you cry for real]. When he was trying to sing, he couldn't get anything out. That's a hard thing to fake. I appreciate people wanting to create controversy, but this guy has gone though a lot this past year, let this emotion be what it is. Everybody comes to the moment where you gotta make that change."
When asked about Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles' no show, Hill put to rest rumors they have feud with Brown. He explained that the couple's absence happened simply because of scheduling conflicts. He stated, "We have this conversation almost every year. And, some years we are really fortunate when Jay-Z and Beyonce are in the house and other times, they go on vacation. But I can absolutely say without reservation that there was no conversation at all around, 'If Chris Brown's coming, I'm not coming.' That's just false."
More Chris Brown News
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest