No 'Doctor Who' Movie Starring Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp will not star in a movie version of "Doctor Who". In contrary to report which mentions that the actor has been cast as the main character in the upcoming project, BBC has told io9 that there are "no plans" to make the big screen adaptation of the British TV series and any talk surrounding it is "pure speculation".
Words that "Doctor Who" will be made into movie first sparked after former showrunner Russell T. Davies allegedly said he was in the process of developing the film project and promised that the Daleks would make an appearance. The article, however, was later removed from PubArticles which published the story. Later, movie studio sources confirmed to Tor.com that the project existed and Depp was cast as the Doctor.
"Doctor Who" is a sci-fi series which depicts the adventures of a mysterious and eccentric humanoid alien known as the Doctor who travels through time and space in his spacecraft, the TARDIS. With his companions, he explores time and space, faces a variety of foes and rights wrongs. First aired in 1963, the show is still running as of today. Main character Doctor Who has been portrayed by eleven actors.
Meanwhile, Johnny Depp has completed the production for "The Tourist" in which he shares screen with Angelina Jolie. He will soon join the shooting for "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in which he reprises his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. The 47-year-old actor additionally takes a lead role in "The Rum Diary" which is expected to come out within this year.
More Johnny Depp News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off