'SYTYCD' Eliminates Melinda the Tap Dancer
The elimination of "So You Think You Can Dance" this week is rather expected because after three weeks in a row being in the bottom three, Melinda Sullivan is the one going home. The 22-year-old from Thousand Oaks, California is the only tap dancer in this year's group.
Melinda was in the bottom three along with Billy Bell and Robert Roldan. It is the first time for the former to be put in the dangerous position and is the second time for the latter. The three of them had to dance for their lives in a bid to convince the judges that they should be through to the next round. Both Billy and Robert did contemporary pieces while Melinda chose to go without music for her tap performance.
The judges did not go in too much trouble announcing who went home that night with head judge Nigel Lythgoe saying the vote was unanimous. Nigel said Robert and Billy have to find a way to connect to the audience and told them that they advance to the next round.
With Melinda's departure, "So You Think You Can Dance" is officially short of women. Two remain against six men.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'