Jeremy London's Restraining Order Request Rejected
"Party of Five" actor Jeremy London could sue his family but wasn't able to shut them up from talking. The 37-year-old star, who entered restraining order plea against his family on Wednesday, June 30 in a Los Angeles court, had his request denied by judge.
Jeremy's request was rejected because the family is protected by the First Amendment, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Irving Shimer explained on Thursday, July 1, as People quoted. The judge also mentioned that the actor could later sue his relatives if their statements are untrue.
Jeremy London made the plea after his family publicly doubted his claim that he was kidnapped and forced to use drug in Palm Springs, California on June 10. His attorney Catherine Lombardo previously explained to the site, "Jeremy filed these orders against his family for them to stop giving unauthorized interviews to the press."
Catherine added, "What they've said is false, misleading and harmful to his personal reputation and career." In the legal papers, Jeremy named his mom, Debbie Nielson, twin brother Jason London and his girlfriend, Sofia Karstens. He also sought punitive damages and payment for the court and attorney fees.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards