Jeremy London's Restraining Order Request Rejected
"Party of Five" actor Jeremy London could sue his family but wasn't able to shut them up from talking. The 37-year-old star, who entered restraining order plea against his family on Wednesday, June 30 in a Los Angeles court, had his request denied by judge.
Jeremy's request was rejected because the family is protected by the First Amendment, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Irving Shimer explained on Thursday, July 1, as People quoted. The judge also mentioned that the actor could later sue his relatives if their statements are untrue.
Jeremy London made the plea after his family publicly doubted his claim that he was kidnapped and forced to use drug in Palm Springs, California on June 10. His attorney Catherine Lombardo previously explained to the site, "Jeremy filed these orders against his family for them to stop giving unauthorized interviews to the press."
Catherine added, "What they've said is false, misleading and harmful to his personal reputation and career." In the legal papers, Jeremy named his mom, Debbie Nielson, twin brother Jason London and his girlfriend, Sofia Karstens. He also sought punitive damages and payment for the court and attorney fees.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says