Kanye West Takes a Stab at Himself on New 'Power' Cover Art
Apparently, the image which was previously posted on Kanye West's official website following arrival of his new song "Power" is not an actual cover art of the track. The official one was unleashed recently and features the rapper with a sword stabbed in his head.
The image is created by contemporary visual artist George Condo, the same man who makes the previously-revealed artwork. The two pictures actually depict similar elements, like widely-opened mouth and eyes, only this time around the new one additionally features West wearing a crown on his bleeding head.
This apparently represents his rough patch after repeatedly slammed by media for crashing the stage of 2009 MTV Video Music Awards during Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech.
Featuring Dwele, "Power" is taken from Kanye West's forthcoming studio album tentatively titled "Good Ass Job". The song was showcased live for the first time on June 27 during the telecast of BET Awards in Los Angeles.
Beside working on the new album which is eyed to be released on September 14, Kanye West is also involved in other artists' work. He tackles the rapping part in Kid Cudi's brand new material "Erase Me" and lends his vocal in Rick Ross' "Live Fast".
More Kanye West News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M