Dean McDermott in Hospital With Punctured Lung After Motorcycle Accident
Tori Spelling's husband, Dean McDermott, was rushed to hospital on Tuesday, June 29 after being involved in a motorcycle accident. According to People, Dean is currently in an intensive care unit with a punctured and collapsed lung.
Tori explained to the site that Dean had the accident while he was dirt bike riding with his two friends. After the crash, the 43-year-old reality TV star wasn't able to move and was bleeding heavily from his right side with a puncture wound.
Dean was later quickly taken to the intensive care unit at a Los Angeles-area hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. Tori shared, "He's in a lot of pain. He's taking this as a sign and realizing family is too important to risk his life."
On how she found out about Dean's crash, Tori recalled, "His friend called me and said he was in the ER. He didn't want to scare me so he just said he had a crash and that they were X-raying him." She continued, "At first I was mad. I was pissed that he was out biking and crashed. But when I showed up and saw him lying there, and they told me they were admitting him to ICU with a collapsed lung, my heart dropped. My biggest fear had come true."
Earlier this year, Dean fractured his shoulder in a motorcycle accident also. Following the first accident, Dean promised to Tori he would give up professional racing and only ride for fun. However, after the recent incident, Tori revealed that her husband decided to get rid of his bikes and never ride again.
"When I first saw him he just softly said 'I'm so sorry'," Tori said. "I just held his hand and cried. That's when he said, 'I'll never do this again. You and the kids mean everything to me'." Meanwhile, on Thursday, July 1, Dean tweeted about his condition, "Thanks for the well wishes. A collapsed lung is no fun, and is a lengthy heal. Feeling pretty bad today. Day 2 is always the worst."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism