'The Last Airbender' New York Premiere Welcomes the Young Cast
Just a day before it hits theaters across the U.S. on July 1, "The Last Airbender" has got its red carpet treatment. On Wednesday, June 30 the cast for the film invaded Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall in New York City which was used as the location for the premiere.
Lead actor Noah Ringer sported semi-formal style when coming to the event, joined by helmer M. Night Shyamalan when posing for cameras. Playing the main villain in the movie, Dev Patel was seen attending the event with the companion of his "Slumdog Millionaire" co-star as well as girlfriend Freida Pinto.
Jackson Rathbone who plays Sokka also made an appearance, looking clean in his white outfit which was added with a black tie and matching shoes. The depicter of Katara, Nicola Peltz, attended the event wearing a pink dress which made her look more mature. She was pictured hugging co-star Seychelle Gabriel on the red carpet.
In addition to these young stars, actors Aasif Mandvi, Cliff Curtis and Shaun Toub were also seen supporting the event. Moreover, producers Sam Mercer and Scott Aversano showed up at the special screening, which welcomed celebrity guests such as Corbin Bleu and Tracy Morgan.
"The Last Airbender" is a live-action film version of Nickelodeon's animated series of the same name. The film follows Aang and is set in a world where human civilization is divided into four nations: Water, Earth, Air and Fire. Teaming up with Waterbender named Katara and her brother Sokka, Aang proceeds on a perilous journey to restore balance to their war-torn world.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service