'The Last Airbender' New York Premiere Welcomes the Young Cast
Just a day before it hits theaters across the U.S. on July 1, "The Last Airbender" has got its red carpet treatment. On Wednesday, June 30 the cast for the film invaded Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall in New York City which was used as the location for the premiere.
Lead actor Noah Ringer sported semi-formal style when coming to the event, joined by helmer M. Night Shyamalan when posing for cameras. Playing the main villain in the movie, Dev Patel was seen attending the event with the companion of his "Slumdog Millionaire" co-star as well as girlfriend Freida Pinto.
Jackson Rathbone who plays Sokka also made an appearance, looking clean in his white outfit which was added with a black tie and matching shoes. The depicter of Katara, Nicola Peltz, attended the event wearing a pink dress which made her look more mature. She was pictured hugging co-star Seychelle Gabriel on the red carpet.
In addition to these young stars, actors Aasif Mandvi, Cliff Curtis and Shaun Toub were also seen supporting the event. Moreover, producers Sam Mercer and Scott Aversano showed up at the special screening, which welcomed celebrity guests such as Corbin Bleu and Tracy Morgan.
"The Last Airbender" is a live-action film version of Nickelodeon's animated series of the same name. The film follows Aang and is set in a world where human civilization is divided into four nations: Water, Earth, Air and Fire. Teaming up with Waterbender named Katara and her brother Sokka, Aang proceeds on a perilous journey to restore balance to their war-torn world.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign