Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus and Wife Expecting First Baby
Rascal Flatts' singer and bassist Jay DeMarcus is soon to be a father. Jay confirmed to Us Magazine that he and his wife Allison Alderson, a former Miss Tennessee U.S.A. 2002, are expecting their first child together, who is due in January.
"Allison and I are thrilled about becoming parents. I am confident Ali will be a wonderful mother because she has done an incredible job raising me over the past six years," Jay said in a statement. Allison added, "Jay and I are thrilled to let everyone know we are going to be parents! We can't wait and are ecstatic to share our news."
On how he feels about having the new addition in his family, Jay told People, "I'm looking forward to hearing the pitter-patter of little feet around the house and all of that wonderful stuff. I'm most looking forward to making wonderful memories - the first days of school, summertime with them, taking them to Disney World." He later gushed, "I'm ready to be a father!"
Jay and Allison, who wed on May 15, 2004, tried for a baby for a couple of years and now that they are expecting their first tot, Jay described the blessing as "a little sweeter." He said, "I feel like we have a victory because of it. When we stopped trying to plan it out and stopped worrying about it, it happened very naturally."
Although Jay and Allison haven't learned about their baby's sex, Jay already has fatherhood plan in mind, saying "I just want a healthy baby, so it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl. But I would like to have a little boy if I had a say in it! I'd teach him how to play bass and piano and sing!"
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now