Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus and Wife Expecting First Baby
Rascal Flatts' singer and bassist Jay DeMarcus is soon to be a father. Jay confirmed to Us Magazine that he and his wife Allison Alderson, a former Miss Tennessee U.S.A. 2002, are expecting their first child together, who is due in January.
"Allison and I are thrilled about becoming parents. I am confident Ali will be a wonderful mother because she has done an incredible job raising me over the past six years," Jay said in a statement. Allison added, "Jay and I are thrilled to let everyone know we are going to be parents! We can't wait and are ecstatic to share our news."
On how he feels about having the new addition in his family, Jay told People, "I'm looking forward to hearing the pitter-patter of little feet around the house and all of that wonderful stuff. I'm most looking forward to making wonderful memories - the first days of school, summertime with them, taking them to Disney World." He later gushed, "I'm ready to be a father!"
Jay and Allison, who wed on May 15, 2004, tried for a baby for a couple of years and now that they are expecting their first tot, Jay described the blessing as "a little sweeter." He said, "I feel like we have a victory because of it. When we stopped trying to plan it out and stopped worrying about it, it happened very naturally."
Although Jay and Allison haven't learned about their baby's sex, Jay already has fatherhood plan in mind, saying "I just want a healthy baby, so it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl. But I would like to have a little boy if I had a say in it! I'd teach him how to play bass and piano and sing!"
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent