Eminem Leads Hot 200 With Strong Number, Knocking Drake
After ruling Billboard Hot 200 with "Relapse" in 2009, Eminem once again sits at No. 1 position on the chart, making it his sixth straight No. 1 debut. This time around, he makes it to the top with "Recovery" which has sold around 741,000 copies in its first week.
"Recovery" becomes the biggest chart debut since AC/DC's "Black Ice" arrived on the chart with 784,000 in October 2008. Moreover, it tops "Relapse" which entered the list with 608,000 last year and beats Sade's "Soldier of Love" and Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" which bowed with 502,000 and 481,000 respectively earlier this year.
Not stopping there, "Recovery" has also pulled in around 225,000 in digital sale. This makes the album the second-biggest digital week in history, behind Coldplay's "Viva la Vida" which was downloaded over 288,000 units when it was released in the summer of 2008.
The Slim Shady's victory also extends to the Digital Songs chart. He reigns the list with Rihanna-assisted single "Love the Way You Lie" which opens with 338,000. It's the rapper's sixth No. 1 single on the Digital Songs chart and the second time he leads the list in this year. Previously, he soared to the top with "Not Afraid" with 379,000.
Back on Hot 200, Drake's "Thank Me Later" is forced to fall to the runner-up place after adding 157,000 (down 65%). The other new entries this week are Miley Cyrus' "Can't Be Tamed" which arrives at No. 3 with 102,000, Ozzy Osbourne's "Scream" which bows at No. 4 with 81,000, and The Roots' "How I Got Over" which starts at No. 6 with 54,000.
The rest on the chart are the latest edition of "Now" compilations at No. 5 with 55,000, Jack Johnson's "To the Sea" at No. 7 with 44,000, Justin Bieber's "My World 2.0" at No. 8 with 43,000, Sarah McLachlan's "Laws of Illusion" at No. 9 with a little over 38,000, and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack which rounds up the Top 10 with 38,000.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Recovery" - Eminem
- "Thank Me Later" - Drake
- "Can't Be Tamed" - Miley Cyrus
- "Scream" - Ozzy Osbourne
- "Now 34: That's What I Call Music" - various artists
- "How I Got Over" - The Roots
- "To the Sea" - Jack Johnson
- "My World 2.0" - Justin Bieber
- "Laws of Illusion" - Sarah McLachlan
- "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack - various artists
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...