BET Never Banned Ciara's 'Ride' Music Video
Report mentioning that Ciara's "Ride" music video is snubbed by BET has swirled since May, but it seemed that the network didn't bother to clear up the matter until MTV questioned it. In a written statement to MTV, BET publicist Marcy Polanco said, "BET never banned Ciara's video."
However, the representative admitted that they found some parts in the clip indeed need to be censored before going on air. "It went through the normal process where we gave edits and we never received a response," the publicist said further.
When filming the clip, Ciara was aware it "has some very sensual moments in it" but decided to give it a go because she does "know that they [BET] do play sensual videos as well." A month ago before BET issued a statement, she said she was willing to edit the video if it's necessary.
Although "Ride" music video is not played on BET screen, it can be found everywhere on the web and Ciara is thankful for that. "It's been a real great blessing with the new technology and Internet and all the support I've been getting," she stated. "It's been working itself out. My fans are still able to see the video."
More Ciara News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics