BET Never Banned Ciara's 'Ride' Music Video
Report mentioning that Ciara's "Ride" music video is snubbed by BET has swirled since May, but it seemed that the network didn't bother to clear up the matter until MTV questioned it. In a written statement to MTV, BET publicist Marcy Polanco said, "BET never banned Ciara's video."
However, the representative admitted that they found some parts in the clip indeed need to be censored before going on air. "It went through the normal process where we gave edits and we never received a response," the publicist said further.
When filming the clip, Ciara was aware it "has some very sensual moments in it" but decided to give it a go because she does "know that they [BET] do play sensual videos as well." A month ago before BET issued a statement, she said she was willing to edit the video if it's necessary.
Although "Ride" music video is not played on BET screen, it can be found everywhere on the web and Ciara is thankful for that. "It's been a real great blessing with the new technology and Internet and all the support I've been getting," she stated. "It's been working itself out. My fans are still able to see the video."
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress