BET Never Banned Ciara's 'Ride' Music Video
Report mentioning that Ciara's "Ride" music video is snubbed by BET has swirled since May, but it seemed that the network didn't bother to clear up the matter until MTV questioned it. In a written statement to MTV, BET publicist Marcy Polanco said, "BET never banned Ciara's video."
However, the representative admitted that they found some parts in the clip indeed need to be censored before going on air. "It went through the normal process where we gave edits and we never received a response," the publicist said further.
When filming the clip, Ciara was aware it "has some very sensual moments in it" but decided to give it a go because she does "know that they [BET] do play sensual videos as well." A month ago before BET issued a statement, she said she was willing to edit the video if it's necessary.
Although "Ride" music video is not played on BET screen, it can be found everywhere on the web and Ciara is thankful for that. "It's been a real great blessing with the new technology and Internet and all the support I've been getting," she stated. "It's been working itself out. My fans are still able to see the video."
More Ciara News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist