BET Never Banned Ciara's 'Ride' Music Video
Report mentioning that Ciara's "Ride" music video is snubbed by BET has swirled since May, but it seemed that the network didn't bother to clear up the matter until MTV questioned it. In a written statement to MTV, BET publicist Marcy Polanco said, "BET never banned Ciara's video."
However, the representative admitted that they found some parts in the clip indeed need to be censored before going on air. "It went through the normal process where we gave edits and we never received a response," the publicist said further.
When filming the clip, Ciara was aware it "has some very sensual moments in it" but decided to give it a go because she does "know that they [BET] do play sensual videos as well." A month ago before BET issued a statement, she said she was willing to edit the video if it's necessary.
Although "Ride" music video is not played on BET screen, it can be found everywhere on the web and Ciara is thankful for that. "It's been a real great blessing with the new technology and Internet and all the support I've been getting," she stated. "It's been working itself out. My fans are still able to see the video."
More Ciara News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia