Ashley Greene to Be 'Laughing Out Loud' With Miley Cyrus
Ashley Greene is about to team up with Miley Cyrus in a new movie. The 23-year-old star is currently in negotiations to play a high school bad girl in "LOL: Laughing Out Loud" where the Disney cutie has been slated to take the lead role, The Hollywood Reporter claims.
In addition to Greene, Thomas Jane is also in talks to join the remake of the French film of the same title. The star of TV series "Hung" is said to be offered a role of Cyrus' on-screen father. Demi Moore has been previously reported to be the mother of singer/actress' character.
Also recruited to join the cast ensemble of the film are Ashley Hinshaw, George Finn and Douglas Booth. Hinshaw will portray Cyrus' best friend, Finn will be seen as Cyrus' former lover while Booth is tapped as Cyrus' love interest.
The story itself will follow a 15-year-old girl who, after dumped by her more sexually experienced boyfriend, sets her sights on his best friend. At the same time, her 40-year-old divorcee mother is struggling to move on with her life. The fraught relationship between mother and daughter provides the film with its narrative backbone, along with the younger generation's obsession with instant messaging.
Lisa Azuelos-Alessandrin, who directed the original version, will take the same duty for the new project. She additionally writes the screenplay. Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher join forces to produce the flick, which is tentatively scheduled for 2011 release.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album