Emily VanCamp's Role on 'Brothers and Sisters' Downsized
More and more actors are cut from TV series during this difficult economy time, and Emily VanCamp is no exception. The star of "Brothers & Sisters" who portrays Justin's wife Rebecca will be less present when the show returns this Fall.
VanCamp is not completely shunned from the series but her number of appearance will be reduced. "They're still working out the exact number," one source who works on the show told E! Online. Some report that she will only appear in two episodes toward the beginning of the new season before her character is written out for some reason.
The ABC drama is indeed making budget cuts which have been apparent since last season. Balthazar Getty, due to his character's less significant role, was pulled out for a few episodes before made a recurring. And then Sarah Jane Morris was also given a goodbye story, followed by Rob Lowe whose character died in a car crash.
Speaking of Lowe's Robert McCallister, Calista Flockhart thinks Kitty will do just fine after her husband's death. "I don't think Kitty will be single for that long," she said. "She'll have lots of guys - at least, I hope."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake