Emily VanCamp's Role on 'Brothers and Sisters' Downsized
More and more actors are cut from TV series during this difficult economy time, and Emily VanCamp is no exception. The star of "Brothers & Sisters" who portrays Justin's wife Rebecca will be less present when the show returns this Fall.
VanCamp is not completely shunned from the series but her number of appearance will be reduced. "They're still working out the exact number," one source who works on the show told E! Online. Some report that she will only appear in two episodes toward the beginning of the new season before her character is written out for some reason.
The ABC drama is indeed making budget cuts which have been apparent since last season. Balthazar Getty, due to his character's less significant role, was pulled out for a few episodes before made a recurring. And then Sarah Jane Morris was also given a goodbye story, followed by Rob Lowe whose character died in a car crash.
Speaking of Lowe's Robert McCallister, Calista Flockhart thinks Kitty will do just fine after her husband's death. "I don't think Kitty will be single for that long," she said. "She'll have lots of guys - at least, I hope."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'