Nicki Minaj Denies Lip-Sync Performance at BET Awards
Shortly after being accused of delivering a lip-sync performance, Nicki Minaj took it to her Twitter to deny the report. "U could hear me in the auditorium but apparently not in TV land," the female rapper wrote.
Explaining why pre-recorded track was played during her set on TV, Minaj cited technical difficulties as the reason. She furthermore assured the problem will be fixed when the awards show is re-run later on BET, "Shout out to the sound guy. They say it'll b fixed wen it re-airs."
Nicki Minaj shared spotlight on the stage of the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on June 27 with P. Diddy and his Hip-Hop group Dirty Money. They teamed up for a live rendition of "Hello, Good Morning".
Additionally, she came onto the stage that night to collect two trophies, including Best Female Hip-Hop Artist which she dedicated to Lil Wayne for believing in her and "all the female rappers that paved the way" for her. Young Money, the star-studded group which list her as one of the members, were also honored with Best Group.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard