Nicki Minaj Denies Lip-Sync Performance at BET Awards
Shortly after being accused of delivering a lip-sync performance, Nicki Minaj took it to her Twitter to deny the report. "U could hear me in the auditorium but apparently not in TV land," the female rapper wrote.
Explaining why pre-recorded track was played during her set on TV, Minaj cited technical difficulties as the reason. She furthermore assured the problem will be fixed when the awards show is re-run later on BET, "Shout out to the sound guy. They say it'll b fixed wen it re-airs."
Nicki Minaj shared spotlight on the stage of the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on June 27 with P. Diddy and his Hip-Hop group Dirty Money. They teamed up for a live rendition of "Hello, Good Morning".
Additionally, she came onto the stage that night to collect two trophies, including Best Female Hip-Hop Artist which she dedicated to Lil Wayne for believing in her and "all the female rappers that paved the way" for her. Young Money, the star-studded group which list her as one of the members, were also honored with Best Group.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation