Nicki Minaj Denies Lip-Sync Performance at BET Awards
Shortly after being accused of delivering a lip-sync performance, Nicki Minaj took it to her Twitter to deny the report. "U could hear me in the auditorium but apparently not in TV land," the female rapper wrote.
Explaining why pre-recorded track was played during her set on TV, Minaj cited technical difficulties as the reason. She furthermore assured the problem will be fixed when the awards show is re-run later on BET, "Shout out to the sound guy. They say it'll b fixed wen it re-airs."
Nicki Minaj shared spotlight on the stage of the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on June 27 with P. Diddy and his Hip-Hop group Dirty Money. They teamed up for a live rendition of "Hello, Good Morning".
Additionally, she came onto the stage that night to collect two trophies, including Best Female Hip-Hop Artist which she dedicated to Lil Wayne for believing in her and "all the female rappers that paved the way" for her. Young Money, the star-studded group which list her as one of the members, were also honored with Best Group.
More Nicki Minaj News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked