Angelina Jolie Says 'Mr and Mrs Smith' Sequel Did Not Work
Following the success of "Mr and Mrs Smith", there are hopes that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt will reunite for the sequel. In an interview with Vanity Fair, the "Wanted (2008)" star has explained why there has been no plan to make the follow up despite the good performance of the 2005 movie.
"People have tried," she reveals. However, since the on-screen romance between her and Pitt has now turned into reality, she claims it becomes harder to create a story for the second film, stating "And it's strange: do we have kids in the movie? We've thought about that, but it becomes personal now that we actually have kids. And if we work on it, we pull from our own life, which is funny to us, but you feel strange sharing too much."
She goes on explaining that every effort to make the sequel always ended up with a bad plot for the characters. "We did ask somebody to look into 'Mr and Mrs' to see if they could crack a sequel, but there wasn't anything original. It was just, Well, they're going to get married, or they've got kids, or they get separated. Never great," Jolie says.
Following a bored married couple who discover that they are enemy assassins, "Mr and Mrs Smith" garnered $51 million on its opening weekend and pulled in a total of $186.3 million domestic cume so far. A spin-off, "Mr. and Mrs. Jones", is now being worked on by Regency Enterprises, the mini-studio-within-a-studio at Fox, with new characters that will not be played by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Jolie, is now waiting for the release of her movie "Salt" which is set to be debuted in the U.S. on July 23. She additionally has wrapped production for "The Tourist" in which she stars opposite Johnny Depp. She is set to lend her voice once again for Master Tigress in upcoming animation "Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom".
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'