Video Premiere: Rodrigo y Gabriela's 'Hanuman'
A music video was out to support Rodrigo y Gabriela's latest single "Hanuman". Instead of performing on stage, Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero choose to go back to nature, strumming their guitars in what looks like a valley.
"Hanuman" is taken from the guitar duo's third studio album "11:11" which has been in stores since September 2009. The song is dedicated to Carlos Santana. Not only "Hanuman", but each song in the effort is a tribute to an artist that has inspired both Rodrigo and Gabriela along the way. These guitarists deliever their personal "Gracias" to the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd.
If their self-titled debut was a successful attempt at capturing the unbridled dynamic energy of their incendiary gigs, then the new album sees them developing their core sound into something more sophisticated, intricate and varied. At the heart of the sound is still the stunning interplay between Rodrigo's dazzling lead work and Gabriela's unique rhythm play; but the base soundscape is now subtly supplemented by percussion, occasional piano and a fresh arsenal of stringed instruments from around the world, including oud and sitar.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers