Video Premiere: Rodrigo y Gabriela's 'Hanuman'
A music video was out to support Rodrigo y Gabriela's latest single "Hanuman". Instead of performing on stage, Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero choose to go back to nature, strumming their guitars in what looks like a valley.
"Hanuman" is taken from the guitar duo's third studio album "11:11" which has been in stores since September 2009. The song is dedicated to Carlos Santana. Not only "Hanuman", but each song in the effort is a tribute to an artist that has inspired both Rodrigo and Gabriela along the way. These guitarists deliever their personal "Gracias" to the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd.
If their self-titled debut was a successful attempt at capturing the unbridled dynamic energy of their incendiary gigs, then the new album sees them developing their core sound into something more sophisticated, intricate and varied. At the heart of the sound is still the stunning interplay between Rodrigo's dazzling lead work and Gabriela's unique rhythm play; but the base soundscape is now subtly supplemented by percussion, occasional piano and a fresh arsenal of stringed instruments from around the world, including oud and sitar.
Rodrigo y Gabriela's "Hanuman" music video
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance