Video Premiere: Rodrigo y Gabriela's 'Hanuman'
A music video was out to support Rodrigo y Gabriela's latest single "Hanuman". Instead of performing on stage, Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero choose to go back to nature, strumming their guitars in what looks like a valley.
"Hanuman" is taken from the guitar duo's third studio album "11:11" which has been in stores since September 2009. The song is dedicated to Carlos Santana. Not only "Hanuman", but each song in the effort is a tribute to an artist that has inspired both Rodrigo and Gabriela along the way. These guitarists deliever their personal "Gracias" to the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd.
If their self-titled debut was a successful attempt at capturing the unbridled dynamic energy of their incendiary gigs, then the new album sees them developing their core sound into something more sophisticated, intricate and varied. At the heart of the sound is still the stunning interplay between Rodrigo's dazzling lead work and Gabriela's unique rhythm play; but the base soundscape is now subtly supplemented by percussion, occasional piano and a fresh arsenal of stringed instruments from around the world, including oud and sitar.
Rodrigo y Gabriela's "Hanuman" music video
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'