Video Premiere: Rodrigo y Gabriela's 'Hanuman'
A music video was out to support Rodrigo y Gabriela's latest single "Hanuman". Instead of performing on stage, Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero choose to go back to nature, strumming their guitars in what looks like a valley.
"Hanuman" is taken from the guitar duo's third studio album "11:11" which has been in stores since September 2009. The song is dedicated to Carlos Santana. Not only "Hanuman", but each song in the effort is a tribute to an artist that has inspired both Rodrigo and Gabriela along the way. These guitarists deliever their personal "Gracias" to the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd.
If their self-titled debut was a successful attempt at capturing the unbridled dynamic energy of their incendiary gigs, then the new album sees them developing their core sound into something more sophisticated, intricate and varied. At the heart of the sound is still the stunning interplay between Rodrigo's dazzling lead work and Gabriela's unique rhythm play; but the base soundscape is now subtly supplemented by percussion, occasional piano and a fresh arsenal of stringed instruments from around the world, including oud and sitar.
Rodrigo y Gabriela's "Hanuman" music video
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'