Snippet of Maroon 5's 'Misery' Music Video
Before "Misery" music video is premiered on July 1, Maroon 5 who have just announced the second leg of their nationwide tour give a sneak peek through a 30-second snippet. It features frontman Adam Levine as he is hit by a car and gets punched by his on-screen love interest who is tackled by real-life girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna.
Released as the lead single of the band's September 21 release "Hands All Over", the song narrates about a man's desperation in wanting love from a girl. In the music video, director Joseph Kahn decided to put the focus on violence instead of sex.
"It kind of turns the whole idea of the sexual energy between two people - a guy and a girl, a music video, you've seen that a million times - that exists in this video," Levine told MTV. "But it's turning it on its a** and having the girl be the more domineering one who's trying to kill me."
More Maroon 5 News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl