Chris Brown Says Michael Jackson Tribute at BET Saved His Career
Words are, Chris Brown continued sobbing after exiting from the stage of the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on June 27 night. The R&B singer reportedly was comforted by his pal Ray J backstage following an emotional tribute to Michael Jackson earlier that Sunday night.
"This night saved my life, and my career. Thank you for everything," the 21-year-old singer reportedly told Ray. Additionally, a source told Hollywood Life that he "seemed both relieved and elated to finally have his career back on track" after experiencing backlash due to his altercation with Rihanna last year.
Chris Brown took home one award that night. He was handed BET first ever Fandemonium Award, beating Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz. "I let you all down before, but I won't do it again, I promise," he said upon accepting the trophy.
More Chris Brown News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift