Young Stars Attend 'Despicable Me' Los Angeles Premiere
In anticipation to the U.S. release of "Despicable Me" on July 9, Universal Pictures has held a premiere for the movie. Taking place at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, June 27, the event made use of minions as the theme as it rolled out yellow carpet and displayed figures of the Gru's army.
Steve Carell who provides his voice for Gru was seen coming in a striped suit. Miranda Cosgrove, Elsie Fisher and Dana Gaier, who voice three little girls seeing Gru as their potential father, were captured posing side by side. Other cast members including Kristen Wiig, Jack McBrayer and Mindy Kaling were additionally seen gracing the yellow carpet.
Since the 3-D animated movie is targeted for young audience, the premiere welcomed a number of kid stars such as Joey King, Joseph Castanon and Ryan Ochoa. Moreover, some adults like director Chris Renaud, Maria Canals Barrera as well as Noah Wyle brought their children to the special screening.
"Despicable Me" centers its story on Gru who plans to outwit world's #1 supervillain Vector by stealing the moon with the help of a small army of minions. But, Gru faces his greatest challenges when he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls, Margo, Edith and Agnes, who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad. Two new clips from the film have been released for viewing pleasure.
"Despicable Me" clip - "The girls ask Vector about his pajamas":
Other "Despicable Me" clips.
More Despicable Me News
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight