Logan Lerman and Aaron Johnson Among 'Spider-Man' Reboot Finalists
The long search for the depicter of Peter Parker in an untitled Spider-Man reboot has entered a new phase. On Friday, June 25, Sony's Columbia Pictures reportedly has held screen tests for some actors whom they are seriously considering to take the lead role, Deadline Hollywood reports.
Surprisingly, Logan Lerman who was previously debunked to be among the candidates appears on the current line-up. The "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" star and other contenders, including Aaron Johnson, Jamie Bell, Anton Yelchin, Andrew Garfield as well as Alden Ehrenreich, were reportedly seen at the Friday's screen tests.
Additionally, Frank Dillane and Michael Angarano are also said in the final list that the studio is working from. However, Deadline does not know for sure whether or not Angarano joined the screen test, while Dillane chose to skip it because he is likely headed to attend drama school at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Since Sony has been moving forward with the casting process, it is expected that the decision of who is taking the coveted role will be announced soon. Principal photography is scheduled to begin within this year with a plan to release the movie on July 3, 2012 in the U.S. Marc Webb will serve behind the lens for the upcoming 3-D film.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie