Logan Lerman and Aaron Johnson Among 'Spider-Man' Reboot Finalists
The long search for the depicter of Peter Parker in an untitled Spider-Man reboot has entered a new phase. On Friday, June 25, Sony's Columbia Pictures reportedly has held screen tests for some actors whom they are seriously considering to take the lead role, Deadline Hollywood reports.
Surprisingly, Logan Lerman who was previously debunked to be among the candidates appears on the current line-up. The "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" star and other contenders, including Aaron Johnson, Jamie Bell, Anton Yelchin, Andrew Garfield as well as Alden Ehrenreich, were reportedly seen at the Friday's screen tests.
Additionally, Frank Dillane and Michael Angarano are also said in the final list that the studio is working from. However, Deadline does not know for sure whether or not Angarano joined the screen test, while Dillane chose to skip it because he is likely headed to attend drama school at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Since Sony has been moving forward with the casting process, it is expected that the decision of who is taking the coveted role will be announced soon. Principal photography is scheduled to begin within this year with a plan to release the movie on July 3, 2012 in the U.S. Marc Webb will serve behind the lens for the upcoming 3-D film.
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot