Logan Lerman and Aaron Johnson Among 'Spider-Man' Reboot Finalists
The long search for the depicter of Peter Parker in an untitled Spider-Man reboot has entered a new phase. On Friday, June 25, Sony's Columbia Pictures reportedly has held screen tests for some actors whom they are seriously considering to take the lead role, Deadline Hollywood reports.
Surprisingly, Logan Lerman who was previously debunked to be among the candidates appears on the current line-up. The "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" star and other contenders, including Aaron Johnson, Jamie Bell, Anton Yelchin, Andrew Garfield as well as Alden Ehrenreich, were reportedly seen at the Friday's screen tests.
Additionally, Frank Dillane and Michael Angarano are also said in the final list that the studio is working from. However, Deadline does not know for sure whether or not Angarano joined the screen test, while Dillane chose to skip it because he is likely headed to attend drama school at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Since Sony has been moving forward with the casting process, it is expected that the decision of who is taking the coveted role will be announced soon. Principal photography is scheduled to begin within this year with a plan to release the movie on July 3, 2012 in the U.S. Marc Webb will serve behind the lens for the upcoming 3-D film.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom