'As the World Turns' Tribute at 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards
The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards host Regis Philbin dedicated a few minutes to "As the World Turns". He invited the show's stars and real-life married couple Jon Hensley and Kelley Menighan to the stage to introduce a video tribute for the show that ends its 54 years run this Fall.
"Not only we fall in love with the show, we fell in love with each other," Kelley said. Her husband added, "And it's no wonder, since its debut in 1956, the show has been always about people who care about each other. About six generations of family who love, learn, change, grew and kept their world turning everyday."
Then a montage of the show, starting when it was black and white and ending with this year's run, was broadcast.
"As the World Turns" is nominated for 13 at this year's awards and has won one so far through Julie Pinson. CBS is airing the live telecast.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'