'As the World Turns' Tribute at 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards
The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards host Regis Philbin dedicated a few minutes to "As the World Turns". He invited the show's stars and real-life married couple Jon Hensley and Kelley Menighan to the stage to introduce a video tribute for the show that ends its 54 years run this Fall.
"Not only we fall in love with the show, we fell in love with each other," Kelley said. Her husband added, "And it's no wonder, since its debut in 1956, the show has been always about people who care about each other. About six generations of family who love, learn, change, grew and kept their world turning everyday."
Then a montage of the show, starting when it was black and white and ending with this year's run, was broadcast.
"As the World Turns" is nominated for 13 at this year's awards and has won one so far through Julie Pinson. CBS is airing the live telecast.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope