'As the World Turns' Tribute at 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards
The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards host Regis Philbin dedicated a few minutes to "As the World Turns". He invited the show's stars and real-life married couple Jon Hensley and Kelley Menighan to the stage to introduce a video tribute for the show that ends its 54 years run this Fall.
"Not only we fall in love with the show, we fell in love with each other," Kelley said. Her husband added, "And it's no wonder, since its debut in 1956, the show has been always about people who care about each other. About six generations of family who love, learn, change, grew and kept their world turning everyday."
Then a montage of the show, starting when it was black and white and ending with this year's run, was broadcast.
"As the World Turns" is nominated for 13 at this year's awards and has won one so far through Julie Pinson. CBS is airing the live telecast.
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It