'As the World Turns' Tribute at 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards
The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards host Regis Philbin dedicated a few minutes to "As the World Turns". He invited the show's stars and real-life married couple Jon Hensley and Kelley Menighan to the stage to introduce a video tribute for the show that ends its 54 years run this Fall.
"Not only we fall in love with the show, we fell in love with each other," Kelley said. Her husband added, "And it's no wonder, since its debut in 1956, the show has been always about people who care about each other. About six generations of family who love, learn, change, grew and kept their world turning everyday."
Then a montage of the show, starting when it was black and white and ending with this year's run, was broadcast.
"As the World Turns" is nominated for 13 at this year's awards and has won one so far through Julie Pinson. CBS is airing the live telecast.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby