'As the World Turns' Tribute at 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards
The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards host Regis Philbin dedicated a few minutes to "As the World Turns". He invited the show's stars and real-life married couple Jon Hensley and Kelley Menighan to the stage to introduce a video tribute for the show that ends its 54 years run this Fall.
"Not only we fall in love with the show, we fell in love with each other," Kelley said. Her husband added, "And it's no wonder, since its debut in 1956, the show has been always about people who care about each other. About six generations of family who love, learn, change, grew and kept their world turning everyday."
Then a montage of the show, starting when it was black and white and ending with this year's run, was broadcast.
"As the World Turns" is nominated for 13 at this year's awards and has won one so far through Julie Pinson. CBS is airing the live telecast.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game