2010 BET Awards: Chris Brown Pays Emotional Tribute to Michael Jackson
In honor of Michael Jackson who died last year, a touching tribute was performed by Chris Brown during the live telecast of BET Awards on June 27. Introduced by the late King of Pop's brother Jermaine Jackson, he kicked off the tribute with "The Way You Make Me Feel".
Afterwards, the "Run It!" hitmaker performed "Billie Jean". The singer who is nominated for Best Male R&B Artist did Michael's every signature move, popping, spinning and moonwalking. Nearing the end, he broke down into tears and crumpled to the stage when delivering "Man in the Mirror".
The 2010 BET Awards is held at the the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with Kanye West singing his brand new single "Power" when opening the gig. This becomes his first performance at a prize-giving event after drawing controversy for interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.
T.I. also made a triumphant return to television since leaving the jail, rapping "Yeah Ya Know". He got Travis Barker playing the drums during his set and later returned to the stage to sing "Hello, Good Morning" with P. Diddy's Dirty Money, Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj.
B.o.B. and Eminem:
More Chris Brown News
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack