2010 BET Awards: Chris Brown Pays Emotional Tribute to Michael Jackson
In honor of Michael Jackson who died last year, a touching tribute was performed by Chris Brown during the live telecast of BET Awards on June 27. Introduced by the late King of Pop's brother Jermaine Jackson, he kicked off the tribute with "The Way You Make Me Feel".
Afterwards, the "Run It!" hitmaker performed "Billie Jean". The singer who is nominated for Best Male R&B Artist did Michael's every signature move, popping, spinning and moonwalking. Nearing the end, he broke down into tears and crumpled to the stage when delivering "Man in the Mirror".
The 2010 BET Awards is held at the the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with Kanye West singing his brand new single "Power" when opening the gig. This becomes his first performance at a prize-giving event after drawing controversy for interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.
T.I. also made a triumphant return to television since leaving the jail, rapping "Yeah Ya Know". He got Travis Barker playing the drums during his set and later returned to the stage to sing "Hello, Good Morning" with P. Diddy's Dirty Money, Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj.
More Chris Brown News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert