2010 BET Awards: Chris Brown Pays Emotional Tribute to Michael Jackson
In honor of Michael Jackson who died last year, a touching tribute was performed by Chris Brown during the live telecast of BET Awards on June 27. Introduced by the late King of Pop's brother Jermaine Jackson, he kicked off the tribute with "The Way You Make Me Feel".
Afterwards, the "Run It!" hitmaker performed "Billie Jean". The singer who is nominated for Best Male R&B Artist did Michael's every signature move, popping, spinning and moonwalking. Nearing the end, he broke down into tears and crumpled to the stage when delivering "Man in the Mirror".
The 2010 BET Awards is held at the the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with Kanye West singing his brand new single "Power" when opening the gig. This becomes his first performance at a prize-giving event after drawing controversy for interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.
T.I. also made a triumphant return to television since leaving the jail, rapping "Yeah Ya Know". He got Travis Barker playing the drums during his set and later returned to the stage to sing "Hello, Good Morning" with P. Diddy's Dirty Money, Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj.
More Chris Brown News
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party