2010 BET Awards: Chris Brown Pays Emotional Tribute to Michael Jackson
In honor of Michael Jackson who died last year, a touching tribute was performed by Chris Brown during the live telecast of BET Awards on June 27. Introduced by the late King of Pop's brother Jermaine Jackson, he kicked off the tribute with "The Way You Make Me Feel".
Afterwards, the "Run It!" hitmaker performed "Billie Jean". The singer who is nominated for Best Male R&B Artist did Michael's every signature move, popping, spinning and moonwalking. Nearing the end, he broke down into tears and crumpled to the stage when delivering "Man in the Mirror".
The 2010 BET Awards is held at the the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with Kanye West singing his brand new single "Power" when opening the gig. This becomes his first performance at a prize-giving event after drawing controversy for interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.
T.I. also made a triumphant return to television since leaving the jail, rapping "Yeah Ya Know". He got Travis Barker playing the drums during his set and later returned to the stage to sing "Hello, Good Morning" with P. Diddy's Dirty Money, Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj.
More Chris Brown News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?