2010 Daytime Emmys Awards Its First Winners
The 2010 Daytime Emmy kicks off in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 27 with the announcement of winners in supporting categories. Winning the Supporting Actress in Daytime Drama is Julie Pinson for her role as Janet Ciccone on "As the World Turns" and taking home the Supporting Actor is Billy Miller aka Billy Abbott on "The Young and the Restless".
Announced next is Outstanding Talk Show, Informative which goes to "The Doctors". The show beats two other similar talk shows, "Dr Phil" and "The Dr Oz Show". Discovery's "Cash Cab" won the Emmy for the Outstanding Game Show for the third year in a row.
Before more winners are unveiled, there's a touching tribute for Dick Clark, who had stroke in 2003, by Ryan Seacrest. After an introduction from Seacrest, Spinners, Chubby Checker, Marie Osmond and the cast of "Jersey Boys" performed in a pre-taped segment. There are also video messages by Garth Brooks, Simon Cowell, Cher and Barry Manilow. Clark made a small thank you speech.
By network, PBS is leading the nominations list with 53 nods, followed by ABC with 51. By show, "General Hospital" is in the top with 18 nominations, followed by "The Young and the Restless" with 16. Agnes Nixon is to receive Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards is airing live on CBS at 8/7c.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour