2010 Daytime Emmys Awards Its First Winners
The 2010 Daytime Emmy kicks off in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 27 with the announcement of winners in supporting categories. Winning the Supporting Actress in Daytime Drama is Julie Pinson for her role as Janet Ciccone on "As the World Turns" and taking home the Supporting Actor is Billy Miller aka Billy Abbott on "The Young and the Restless".
Announced next is Outstanding Talk Show, Informative which goes to "The Doctors". The show beats two other similar talk shows, "Dr Phil" and "The Dr Oz Show". Discovery's "Cash Cab" won the Emmy for the Outstanding Game Show for the third year in a row.
Before more winners are unveiled, there's a touching tribute for Dick Clark, who had stroke in 2003, by Ryan Seacrest. After an introduction from Seacrest, Spinners, Chubby Checker, Marie Osmond and the cast of "Jersey Boys" performed in a pre-taped segment. There are also video messages by Garth Brooks, Simon Cowell, Cher and Barry Manilow. Clark made a small thank you speech.
By network, PBS is leading the nominations list with 53 nods, followed by ABC with 51. By show, "General Hospital" is in the top with 18 nominations, followed by "The Young and the Restless" with 16. Agnes Nixon is to receive Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards is airing live on CBS at 8/7c.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle