2010 Daytime Emmys Awards Its First Winners
The 2010 Daytime Emmy kicks off in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 27 with the announcement of winners in supporting categories. Winning the Supporting Actress in Daytime Drama is Julie Pinson for her role as Janet Ciccone on "As the World Turns" and taking home the Supporting Actor is Billy Miller aka Billy Abbott on "The Young and the Restless".
Announced next is Outstanding Talk Show, Informative which goes to "The Doctors". The show beats two other similar talk shows, "Dr Phil" and "The Dr Oz Show". Discovery's "Cash Cab" won the Emmy for the Outstanding Game Show for the third year in a row.
Before more winners are unveiled, there's a touching tribute for Dick Clark, who had stroke in 2003, by Ryan Seacrest. After an introduction from Seacrest, Spinners, Chubby Checker, Marie Osmond and the cast of "Jersey Boys" performed in a pre-taped segment. There are also video messages by Garth Brooks, Simon Cowell, Cher and Barry Manilow. Clark made a small thank you speech.
By network, PBS is leading the nominations list with 53 nods, followed by ABC with 51. By show, "General Hospital" is in the top with 18 nominations, followed by "The Young and the Restless" with 16. Agnes Nixon is to receive Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards is airing live on CBS at 8/7c.
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image