2010 BET Awards: Alicia Keys, Nicki Minaj, Drake and Jay-Z Are Early Winners
Live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on June 27, a star-studded gala is held to announce winners of this year's BET Awards. Alicia Keys wins the first award Best Female R&B Artist over Beyonce Knowles, Mary J. Blige, Melanie Fiona and Rihanna.
Nicki Minaj is the next musician who gets onto the stage to collect a prize. She is named Best Female Hip-Hop Artist, beating Ester Dean, Lil' Kim, Rasheeda and Trina. During her acceptance speech, she noted that the trophy she received was not just for her, but for all the women.
"Thank you to all the women rappers that paved the way for me," so said Minaj. She apparently responded to Lil' Kim who said about Minaj earlier this month, "We just want her to pay homage so we can all rock together. -- That's all It's all about respect. You respect me, I respect you. If you don't respect me then f**k you."
Following the victory of his Young Money labelmate, Drake grabs Best Male Hip-Hop Artist. The Canadian rapper pushes aside B.o.B, Fabolous, Jay-Z and Ludacris, but he fails to win in the next category. His Trey Songz-assisted single "Successful" and star-studded track "Forever" lose to "Empire State of Mind" which features Alicia Keys.
Nicki Minaj accepts Best Female Hip-Hop Artist:
More Alicia Keys News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?