First Official Still From Paul Bettany's 'Priest'
Entertainment Weekly has got its hand on the first official still from "Priest" starring Paul Bettany. The production photo captures the lead actor next to a bald-headed man, who could be a vampire or has been bitten by vampire, considering his pale skin.
Explaining about the character in the film, director Scott Stewart says, "In our world, priests are like Jedi Knights with special powers and training." He then compares the vampires in his movie with the bloodsuckers in "Twilight" film series and hit TV show "True Blood", claiming "Our vampires are more feral and disturbing than, say, the teen-angst vampires of 'Twilight' or the sexy vampires of 'True Blood'. Those vampires are metaphors. Ours aren't."
In the upcoming film which is set in a world ravaged by centuries of war between man and vampires, Bettany plays a vampire-hunting man of the cloth. He disobeys church law by teaming with a young sheriff and a priestess to track down a murderous band of vampires who have kidnapped his niece.
Cam Gigandet who has a role in the first "Twilight" film and Stephen Moyer who plays vampire Bill in "True Blood" are cast in "Priest". The former plays the boyfriend of the priest's niece, while the latter takes the role of Bettany's on-screen brother. After pushed back several times, this horror sci-fi is now slated to come out in the U.S. on May 13, 2011.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent