Robin Williams Wants to Be The Riddler in Next 'Batman' Movie
Robin Williams eyes a role in the next "Batman" film. The notable actor who adores the comic film franchise has admitted that he would love to play one of Batman's enemies, The Riddler. "I would do Batman in a second, playing anyone. I'd play The Riddler in the next one," he tells Empire magazine as quoted by Music Rooms.
Though so, the 58-year-old admits that he might not be able to measure up to Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker in "The Dark Knight" and claims he is too hairy to slip into skin-tight costume. "...although it would be hard to top Heath as the villain and I'm a little hairy for tights," he adds.
Williams additionally reveals that he was offered parts in previous two "Batman" films, but the roles were eventually given to other stars. He says, "The Batman films have screwed me twice before: years ago they offered my The Joker and then gave it to Jack Nicholson, then they offered me The Riddler and gave it to Jim Carrey. I'd be like, 'OK, is this a real offer? If it is, then the answer's yes. Don't pump me again motherf**kers'."
The Riddler has been rumored to be featured as the villain in the next "Batman" movie by Christopher Nolan, "untitled Batman 3 project". Though so, nothing has been set in stone for the upcoming superhero film and the villain has not been confirmed either.
Robin Williams is best known for playing a father who disguises as a nanny for his kids in "Mrs. Doubtfire". His latest film feature is 2009 "Old Dogs" in which he plays alongside John Travolta. He is currently attached to star in "Wedding Banned" and to lend his voice for a character in "Happy Feet 2".
More Robin Williams News
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says