Robin Williams Wants to Be The Riddler in Next 'Batman' Movie
Robin Williams eyes a role in the next "Batman" film. The notable actor who adores the comic film franchise has admitted that he would love to play one of Batman's enemies, The Riddler. "I would do Batman in a second, playing anyone. I'd play The Riddler in the next one," he tells Empire magazine as quoted by Music Rooms.
Though so, the 58-year-old admits that he might not be able to measure up to Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker in "The Dark Knight" and claims he is too hairy to slip into skin-tight costume. "...although it would be hard to top Heath as the villain and I'm a little hairy for tights," he adds.
Williams additionally reveals that he was offered parts in previous two "Batman" films, but the roles were eventually given to other stars. He says, "The Batman films have screwed me twice before: years ago they offered my The Joker and then gave it to Jack Nicholson, then they offered me The Riddler and gave it to Jim Carrey. I'd be like, 'OK, is this a real offer? If it is, then the answer's yes. Don't pump me again motherf**kers'."
The Riddler has been rumored to be featured as the villain in the next "Batman" movie by Christopher Nolan, "untitled Batman 3 project". Though so, nothing has been set in stone for the upcoming superhero film and the villain has not been confirmed either.
Robin Williams is best known for playing a father who disguises as a nanny for his kids in "Mrs. Doubtfire". His latest film feature is 2009 "Old Dogs" in which he plays alongside John Travolta. He is currently attached to star in "Wedding Banned" and to lend his voice for a character in "Happy Feet 2".
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture